Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To find peace, never force religion upon soul

LostSouls7

I think most of the wars and wars now are over silly religion.

If they all claim to worship the same God like they say..

why kill each other over it?

back in olden times and now.

Or why would you die for it?

Why did they burn lovely witches at the stake and warlocks?

what did they ever do to them?

that's the power of fear.

I mean if we all just got drunk and said hey you can believe in a God in the sky.

But i also believe in him but we dress different , different rituals..

but what is this join us or die mentality ?

I mean even the bible Israel used to murder nations..

'just because they didn't worship the same God?

Sounds a lot like what is going on now..

I mean think about it.

I believe how I believe.. which is not even any official religion...

I may write my own book based on it one day..

But the point is this.. I would never force what I think on someone else.

but i don't think it's very nice people say i will burn in hell for thinking freely.

and being happy...

Let each think or practice their own thing..

let go of the past.. forget traditions..

or forget trying to convert people..

this whole join us or die thing needs to go!!

Only then can true peace and freedom return to this realm...

and that is true wisdom

• Like 2

When I was little and I asked my mom why there was still war, she said it was becuase of religion.

I think there's more to it than that... But I don't know.

When El Salvador invaded Honduras (or whoever down there it was who invaded whomever) it was about football. I guess that's religion too.

• Like 5

When I was little and I asked my mom why there was still war, she said it was becuase of religion.

I think there's more to it than that... But I don't know.

There's a deeper, psychological/sociological aspect to it. Humans (on small and large scale) have always fought about anything and everything. Religion has always been a more than decent catalyst to incite the explosion of fighting/war. But if it was all resolved or ignored, any other catalyst would be chosen. Like oil, race, belief, sex (sex wars would be pretty badass), Star Wars vs Star Trek, etc. So there's really a more natural (I don't want to say primal, but someone else will) aspect to war. You can't blame it on religion, and say that religion is evil because of this aspect. Then again, you shouldn't say man is evil for it either; he's just acting out like humanity does. Poor thing.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2

Actually I think wars are not particularly a human thing at all, but natural selection blindly taking short-term advantage at the expense of long term considerations. The instant reaction to wanting something is to go take it. When we organize we do it in organized ways.

• Like 1

How many of the wars in the last century have been about religion? WWI certainly wasn't, and while people have tried to argue that Hitler's persecution of the Jews was a result of his Catholic background, that seems a bit tenuous, and besides, his desire for Lebensraum and his occupation of Eastern Europe was hardly religiously motivated, was it. The various conflicts in the Middle East might be said to be, but they're just as much because of politics and of this or that country seeking to expand its political dominance.

• Like 2

How many of the wars in the last century have been about religion? WWI certainly wasn't, and while people have tried to argue that Hitler's persecution of the Jews was a result of his Catholic background, that seems a bit tenuous

The more we have learned about Hitler's personal life, it starts to look more like a Michael Jackson-esque fantasy world he was living in, fueled by hate, fear, insecurities, and daily amphetamine cocktails.

The more we have learned about Hitler's personal life, it starts to look more like a Michael Jackson-esque fantasy world he was living in

hitler wasn't all that bad Only-

after all, he DID kill hitler....

:-)

• Like 1

Actually I think wars are not particularly a human thing at all, but natural selection blindly taking short-term advantage at the expense of long term considerations. The instant reaction to wanting something is to go take it. When we organize we do it in organized ways.

Is war the cause or effect of natural selection?

War is what people of power do to gain resources and more power, religion is how they convenience soldiers to fight it for them.

• Like 1

War will always happen. Whether its a religious war, an oil war, a power war. How are we as tiny little nothingnesses ever going to stop it? We're not, we learn to cope with the fallout and deal with it.

War isn't a human invention. Everything from ants to meerkats and chimps make war. We just wage it on a grander scale. No appeal to the Better Angels of Our Nature has ever prevented it.

• Like 1