Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant ‘alien’ egg at school terrifies pupils

Still Waters

A primary school headteacher has apologised after parents complained that a project on the discovery of a giant 'alien egg' in the playground left children in tears and too afraid to go to school.

The project at Holy Trinity Primary School in Halstead, Essex, revolved around a 3ft-high egg found in undergrowth on school grounds and was part of a problem solving exercise.

http://www.dailymail...red-school.html

The egg -

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/giant-alien-egg-at-school-terrifies-pupils-4792908/

"It's not a real egg, it is a pretend egg, and you have to imagine where it came from, and what animal could have laid it". Simple - don't parents engage with their young ' uns anymore? :passifier:

• Like 4

Next time, try a large chocolate egg instead. Trust me. You won't have scared children.

Kids must be awfully weak to be scared of a giant chicken egg.

After all, what do you expect when we uber-shelter then and dictate to them what they should think and feel.

Weak, scaredy-cat, thin-skinned parents often make weak, scaredy-cat kids. Sad

• Like 4

I thought what a fantastic idea; how to get the kids engaged and excited. Then I felt bad for the kids who were scared.

I think perhaps gathering the frightened children and asking why they were afraid and helping them overcome their fear, might have been more productive and a better solution.

Just my two cents. :su

• Like 3

This is the gaming generations kids. Yeah, I told you so. What happened to back yard forts and dolls (for the lady's? and some boys...lol)

Edited by maximusnow

Buck up kiddies, jfc. I watched Wrong Turn when I was 5 and I wasn't scared.

I saw a giant penis-head monster burst out of John Hurt's chest when I was seven. Seriously parents, stop sheltering your kids so damn much... and talk to them. Do literally anything but what you're doing right now!

• Like 7

Could be sheltering or not sheltering enough. Too sheltered may keep them from experiencing healthy curiosity. Not sheltering enough and letting them watch too much monster, alien, zombie, vampire, etc. stuff could cause them to freak out. I guess it would depend on the kid. Reasoning and rationalizing are things that need to develop.

The children were just afraid of a giant case of Salmonella. Just make sure your giant egg is properly cooked kids!

Maybe they thought Barney laid it!

Edited by paperdyer

Seriously moms? I would be a lot more concerned that my kid was such a scaredy-cat than I would be angry at the school for putting an egg there. Maybe the reason your child is afraid of it's own shadow is that you over-bleeping-react to every little thing in your world. Just a thought.

ParentDish. What is that?

• Like 1

I guess it was a lesson in how to be a spoil sport and control others with wining given by their parents. I think it was a good science project, I bet the intelligent kids learned a lot from it.

• Like 1

Has this school been in the news before. The name rings a bell.

If it was another school then it shows how easily frightened Catholic school kids are.

I wish my school had organised something this cool when I was a kid. A lot of teachers just follow the same basic plan. Some even have an attitude like "I'm just waiting for 3:00pm so I can get home".

We need more teachers that actually make you think for yourself instead of seeing how much the students remember. "This child didn't remember everything I've said over the last few days so he loses a point".

So now I suppose the school admins are going to ban any such activities to placate the few that are too bloody afraid that they don't want to leave the house for school.

Heck, when I was little I went to summer day camp and our camp leader took us on a "hunt" to find a hidden dinosaur egg (it was a watermelon) and we all seen through it but it was fun and no one was scared either. We looked forward to having a slice of dino egg too. :)

We have an " Emu farm " not far from here . Their eggs are vary large . This gives me an idea . :whistle:

We have an " Emu farm " not far from here . Their eggs are vary large . This gives me an idea . :whistle:

I really admire your beard

Hmmm , I'm not sure how to take that . (Are you FLIRTING with me ? ) post-9259-0-36072200-1405308707_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I think some children at that school really over-EGGs-agerating the situation...

OMG I cannot believe I made that joke.... I shall submit myself for summary execution at the moderators leisure.... :cry:

• Like 1

I think some children at that school really over-EGGs-agerating the situation...

OMG I cannot believe I made that joke.... I shall submit myself for summary execution at the moderators leisure.... :cry:

:no: