Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Firefighter captures "ghost" on camera

ghost paranormal

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Well I saw this, and I have to say it is quite weird and I thought it would be worth a post. I'm throwing this one to the wolves, let's see what you guys think. This is my first thread on UM so I hope I set everything up right and you guys enjoy it. Also they are just pictures that the site I have linked turned into a video.

http://www.examiner....se-fire-indiana

Posted Image

A firefighter may have captured proof of the paranormal after he took some photos of a burning house. When he posted the images on his Facebook page, his wife noticed a strange shadowy figure engulfed in flames in one of the windows of the home.

Edited by Still Waters, 10 July 2014 - 10:26 PM.
Reduced amount of copied text - please avoid copy and pasting entire web pages or articles. The rest can be viewed in the source link.

If guns kill people then I guess cars drive drunk, spoons make people fat, and pencils misspell words?

#2    Blurfoot

Blurfoot

(Formerly 'acute')

• 2,459 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Very interesting, thanks.

I have tried my hardest, but I can't see anything but a figure in that window.

#3    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

View Postacute, on 10 July 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Very interesting, thanks.

I have tried my hardest, but I can't see anything but a figure in that window.

There is a video on the link that I provided, I'm just not sure how to link the video straight to this page.

If guns kill people then I guess cars drive drunk, spoons make people fat, and pencils misspell words?

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,774 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Here comes the P word.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 July 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

Here comes the P word.

I think this could be one of those cases like the "face" on the moon, or the mars "pyramid", but you have to admit that is pretty creepy :yes:

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,214 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Firefighter Douglas Tipold was called to a house fire in Gary, Indiana and when he arrived he took some photos of the property. As Tipold was waiting for his partners to unravel a hose he snapped a few shots of the burning house with the camera on his cell phone to document the scene. Later that night Tipold's wife Donna noticed something strange in one of the photos after he posted it to his Facebook page

Is that what firefighters do now?  Takes photos, develop them that same day and then post them on face book?

ps: photoshop! :tu:  This beats the bigfoot teepee thread for utter BS.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,774 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, that smoke looks awfully real.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#8    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 July 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Firefighter Douglas Tipold was called to a house fire in Gary, Indiana and when he arrived he took some photos of the property. As Tipold was waiting for his partners to unravel a hose he snapped a few shots of the burning house with the camera on his cell phone to document the scene. Later that night Tipold's wife Donna noticed something strange in one of the photos after he posted it to his Facebook page

Is that what firefighters do now?  Takes photos, develop them that same day and then post them on face book?

ps: photoshop! :tu:  This beats the bigfoot teepee thread for utter BS.

You don't have to develop photos taken from a phone, and also I think this guy has more to lose than gain by doing something like photoshoping pictures of a scene he is working.

#9    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Yeah, that smoke looks awfully real.

Yea I was thinking the same thing, I googled some pictures of house fires and found a few where the smoke looked a little off too. Still not 100% on that though, it does look a little sketchy

Sorry if this house belonged to someone here by the way.

Posted Image

#10    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Why was he uploading pictures of some poor persons house as it burns to the ground to FAiLb00K?

Is he that desperate for "Likes"

Posted Image

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,214 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostUse your brain, on 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

You don't have to develop photos taken from a phone, and also I think this guy has more to lose than gain by doing something like photoshoping pictures of a scene he is working.
I just think it strange that the firefighter was taking pics on his phone then posting them on facebook that same day.
Also strange that he did not notice it when he posted it, but his girlfriend did later. So for him to have taken them to "document" the scene, why did HE not notice it?
Just want to know, maybe its ok to do there, but is this normal practice on how firefighters document a scene? by taking photos on their phone then posting them on their own facebook page that same day?

And yes, the smoke does look pretty iffy.

Edited by freetoroam, 10 July 2014 - 09:52 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 2,130 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

To be fair, I can spot Nixon's smiling fat face in the smoke and I can see Jimmy Carter in the tunnel of shadows in the bottom left hand side of the photo.

“My schedule for today lists a six-hour self-accusatory depression,”
Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  

#13    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

View Postbubblykiss, on 10 July 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

To be fair, I can spot Nixon's smiling fat face in the smoke and I can see Jimmy Carter in the tunnel of shadows in the bottom left hand side of the photo.

And i can see Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves "I AM AN FBI AGENT" :P

Posted Image

#14    Use your brain

Use your brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

-Benjamin Franklin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 July 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

I just think it strange that the firefighter was taking pics on his phone then posting them on facebook that same day.
Also strange that he did not notice it when he posted it, but his girlfriend did later. So for him to have taken them to "document" the scene, why did HE not notice it?
Just want to know, maybe its ok to do there, but is this normal practice on how firefighters document a scene? by taking photos on their phone then posting them on their own facebook page that same day?

And yes, the smoke does look pretty iffy.

I doubt he was really trying to "document" the scene, if this is real he probably posted it up and didn't realize the amount of attention that this would draw. So instead of saying that he was just taking pictures to show his friends and family, of course he had to say that he was taking the pictures just to document the call.

Edited by Use your brain, 10 July 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,883 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

So he wasn't a Fire Fighter, he was a photographer.If Firemen in the U.K  did this they would be "on the dole" the next day. B.T.W. did the ghost survive and  did he rescue it......Urgh.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

Also tagged with ghost, paranormal

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users