Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the ten commandments

danielost

The ten commandments are not christian rules. First there are three religions that they influence. Second the christian rules are numbered at two. Love god with your might and soul. Love the neighbor as the self.v

• Like 1

The ten commandments are not christian rules. First there are three religions that they influence. Second the christian rules are numbered at two. Love god with your might and soul. Love the neighbor as the self.v

How can you possibly love such an evil deity?

• Like 2

The ten original commandments did not originate on this world, and are a recipe for starting many worlds before and after this one.

JJ50, what has God done to you personally to make you hate him so?

Edited by Omnaka
  • Like 2

What has Lord Voldemort done to you personally to make you hate him so? Oh, What's that? Voldemort is a fictitious character from a book, so why would you hate him, you say.

We all know Voldemort is evil but that doesn't mean we hate him. In fact hating him would be stupid because he's not real. One doesn't have to have a personal injury from a character in a book to call them evil.

When you read the bible it becomes very clear that god is not a nice being.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 2

What has Lord Voldemort done to you personally to make you hate him so? Oh, What's that? Voldemort is a fictitious character from a book, so why would you hate him, you say.

We all know Voldemort is evil but that doesn't mean we hate him. In fact hating him would be stupid because he's not real. One doesn't have to have a personal injury from a character in a book to call them evil.

Your spirit is very real. When I speak of the love of Father and Mother, (God) is spoken from experience, not a story book as in Voltimore or any book. Had I not experienced what I have, I probably would never post in this section.

Something I've always wondered, people who don't believe, and post in spiritual forums, is kind of ironic.

P.S. if we did not have some rules to kick start this world (recipe), I believe it would have ended, sooner than later.

Edited by Omnaka
  • Like 1

As I understand the Ten Commandments, these were given to the Jews. Through Moses of course. The Commandments which relate to gentiles (which are the rest of us believers in God, but these commandments still apply to Jews as well) are the Seven Laws of Noah. These are explained here:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/seven-laws-of-noah/

I think it's crucial to bear these commandments in mind, as well as to live by them, because I think they are the key to unifying religions whilst still respecting their diversity.

• Like 1

*Image removed due to copyright*

I'm a Voldemort now....Voldemort's are cool.

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lordyour God is giving you.

“You shall not murder.

“You shall not commit adultery.

“You shall not steal.

“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

These are about the only commandments that I could care about. Then again "do unto others" kind of takes care of this.
  • Like 1

Just one, love your neighbor as a brother, and it would negate the rest.

• Like 2

maybe not but all religions agree its a code of behavior to live by.Do not kill, steal, cheat or lie

Edited by docyabut2

I'm a Voldemort now....Voldemort's are cool.

Never deprive Matt Smith of his morning coffee!!!

....or tea.

Which ever, what is the point of the thread? Where do Atheists figure in this?

How can you possibly love such an evil deity?

In my reading of the text, God is not evil, so the question is irrelevant (at least to me). Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 5

Your spirit is very real.

Which I should believe because.......? :rolleyes:

When I speak of the love of Father and Mother, (God) is spoken from experience, not a story book as in Voltimore or any book. Had I not experienced what I have, I probably would never post in this section.

And you have experienced... what?

Something I've always wondered, people who don't believe, and post in spiritual forums, is kind of ironic.

P.S. if we did not have some rules to kick start this world (recipe), I believe it would have ended, sooner than later.

It's not ironic at all: this is where spiritual people talk, ergo it's where non-spiritual people must follow in order to try and talk some sense into them ^_^ That's more blunt than I usually care to be, but whatever.

In my reading of the text, God is not evil

Which is.... disturbing :mellow:

Also, everyone remembers that the first ten commandments were destroyed, right? I mean, there was supposed to be a duplicate set made, but then when Moses went to do that, apparently he and YHWH decided to come up with new ones.

']

One day the Lord said to Moses, “Cut two flat stones like the first ones I made, and I will write on them the same commandments that were on the two you broke. 2 Be ready tomorrow morning to come up Mount Sinai and meet me at the top. 3 No one is to come with you or to be on the mountain at all. Don’t even let the sheep and cattle graze at the foot of the mountain.” 4 So Moses cut two flat stones like the first ones, and early the next morning he carried them to the top of Mount Sinai, just as the Lord had commanded.

5 The Lord God came down in a cloud and stood beside Moses there on the mountain. God spoke his holy name, “the Lord.” 6 Then he passed in front of Moses and called out, “I am the Lord God. I am merciful and very patient with my people. I show great love, and I can be trusted. 7 I keep my promises to my people forever, but I also punish anyone who sins. When people sin, I punish them and their children, and also their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.”

8 Moses quickly bowed down to the ground and worshiped the Lord. 9 He prayed, “Lord, if you really are pleased with me, I pray that you will go with us. It is true that these people are sinful and rebellious, but forgive our sin and let us be your people.”

10 The Lord said:

I promise to perform miracles for you that have never been seen anywhere on earth. Neighboring nations will stand in fear and know that I was the one who did these marvelous things. 11 I will force out the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, but you must do what I command you today. 12 Don’t make treaties with any of those people. If you do, it will be like falling into a trap. 13 Instead, you must destroy their altars and tear down the sacred poles they use in the worship of the goddess Asherah. 14 I demand your complete loyalty—you must not worship any other god! 15 Don’t make treaties with the people there, or you will soon find yourselves worshiping their gods and taking part in their sacrificial meals. 16 Your men will even marry their women and be influenced to worship their gods.

17 Don’t make metal images of gods.

18 Don’t fail to observe the Festival of Thin Bread in the month of Abib. Obey me and eat bread without yeast for seven days during Abib, because that is the month you left Egypt.

19 The first-born males of your families and of your flocks and herds belong to me.

20 You can save the life of a first-born donkey by sacrificing a lamb; if you don’t, you must break the donkey’s neck. You must save every first-born son.

Bring an offering every time you come to worship.

21 Do your work in six days and rest on the seventh day, even during the seasons for plowing and harvesting. 22 Celebrate the Harvest Festival each spring when you start harvesting your wheat, and celebrate the Festival of Shelters each autumn when you pick your fruit.

23 Your men must come to worship me three times a year, because I am the Lord God of Israel. 24 I will force the nations out of your land and enlarge your borders. Then no one will try to take your property when you come to worship me these three times each year.

25 When you sacrifice an animal on the altar, don’t offer bread made with yeast. And don’t save any part of the Passover meal for the next day.

26 I am the Lord your God, and you must bring the first part of your harvest to the place of worship.

Don’t boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.

27 The Lord told Moses to put these laws in writing, as part of his agreement with Israel. 28 Moses stayed on the mountain with the Lord for forty days and nights, without eating or drinking. And he wrote down the Ten Commandments, the most important part of God’s agreement with his people.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+34&version=CEV

My favorite part has to be: "Don’t boil a young goat in its mother’s milk." :P Because it's totally okay to boil some poor kid in its sister's milk.

Edited by Jeanne dArc

Jesus these threads get old.

God, as he is known in the Judaic old testament is the supreme power in existence, he created all things, as such, if this is the theology we're following, he isn't evil, he isn't good, he jus is and is singular in his power so that understanding him as humanity that lives within the universe he created would be literally impossible.

I swear this "GOD IS EVIL" thing is so overplayed, I miss atheists and Christians just screaming at each other over his existence.

• Like 2

Didn't you just post another of those about the flood?

Is this a regular series cause I kind of think its a hilarious idea if it's what I'm thinking

Quick joke.

Moses comes down from the mountain and he says, "The good news is that I got him down to just 10 commandments! But the bad news is that he won't budge from adultery."

• Like 3

Didn't you just post another of those about the flood?

Is this a regular series cause I kind of think its a hilarious idea if it's what I'm thinking

Yea Darkmatter 2525 has a whole series... solid humor...

The ten original commandments did not originate on this world, and are a recipe for starting many worlds before and after this one.

Have you ever read the Bible? The deeds attributed to the deity are more evil than anything achieved by any human. If it really existed we should be attempting to exterminate it!

• Like 1

I've always wondered why god would focus on a certain set of people. The chosen ones. What make one nationality better than another? What makes one group more special? Something about that seems so very wrong. It's like standing 10 kids together in a line and offering an ice cream to them, but only one of them gets it. The whole God concept is pure idiocy. A violent, warmongering, hateful, deity it is.

I've always wondered why god would focus on a certain set of people. The chosen ones. What make one nationality better than another? What makes one group more special? Something about that seems so very wrong. It's like standing 10 kids together in a line and offering an ice cream to them, but only one of them gets it. The whole God concept is pure idiocy. A violent, warmongering, hateful, deity it is.

The Israelites weren't picked because they were better than anyone else. They were picked because of Abraham and issac. Intact most of history they were just as evil as those around them.

• Like 1

Which I should believe because.......? :rolleyes:

And you have experienced... what?

It's not ironic at all: this is where spiritual people talk, ergo it's where non-spiritual people must follow in order to try and talk some sense into them ^_^ That's more blunt than I usually care to be, but whatever.

Which is.... disturbing :mellow:

Its just something that has been proven to me, time and time again, since i was a little boy. Does not matter if you believe me. As for my experiences, they are too numerous to mention. Although in the few thousand posts I've made, much of it is on this board. Look up topics started by me.

Yes, its ironic, I come here to share and hear others views, not set them straight or tell em what to believe. Not my job.

I dont go on athiest threads or boards trying to convince them to believe, although at one time I did go on a muslim board and shared about God's unconditional love.

If you knew about this, or the eternal spirit that dwells inside the body, you would know, its not your job. And you are here judging things you know nothing about. Being that you do not believe or have experience with spirit.

I could be wrong about you and your motives, but logic tells me you are curious about this stuff, and thats why you are here.

:)

Have you ever read the Bible? The deeds attributed to the deity are more evil than anything achieved by any human. If it really existed we should be attempting to exterminate it!

The bible is a history written by men. God does not live in a book, and If one actually remembered the love of god, or knew about eternal spirit they would not say something so mean.

Believe me or not, you will meet the love that made your eternal light. Father won't hols your words against you, but you will, and that remourse with free will will keep you separated from what you love most. Its the saddest thing to witness.

God does not condemn. The individual spirit does that all by itself.

• Like 1

Its just something that has been proven to me, time and time again, since i was a little boy. Does not matter if you believe me. As for my experiences, they are too numerous to mention. Although in the few thousand posts I've made, much of it is on this board. Look up topics started by me.

Yes, its ironic, I come here to share and hear others views, not set them straight or tell em what to believe. Not my job.

I dont go on athiest threads or boards trying to convince them to believe, although at one time I did go on a muslim board and shared about God's unconditional love.

If you knew about this, or the eternal spirit that dwells inside the body, you would know, its not your job. And you are here judging things you know nothing about. Being that you do not believe or have experience with spirit.

I could be wrong about you and your motives, but logic tells me you are curious about this stuff, and thats why you are here.

:)

Well, as a former fundamentalist Christian, I definitely understand what's being discussed, haha :lol: It's not like I was raised an atheist, it took me a long time and a lot of study and reflection to escape Christianity. But I survived, and though I suppose it isn't a duty, per se, I do feel at least somewhat obligated to help others who are mired in the same situation I was reared in ^_^

Nope, can't pass the buck to the spirit of the people on this.

The bible is littered with direct commands from said invisible man in the sky, to murder and commit others to slavery, to incest, to rape... it's all there in the words... if you take the time to read them in order.