Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military attempts to draft more than 14K dead

questionmark

KINGSTON, Pa., July 11 (UPI) --The United States threatened to fine or imprison more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men if they did not sign up for military duty.

The problem is, most of the men were born between 1893 and 1897 and are no longer with us.

"We made a mistake," said Jan McKnight, a community relations coordinator for Pennsylvania's Department of Transportation. "This just wasn't good. We do apologize."

• Like 2

You guys DO realize there hasn't been a draft since the 70-'s, right? ;) Attention to detail!

• Like 2

You guys DO realize there hasn't been a draft since the 70-'s, right? ;) Attention to detail!

quite, quite, but you still have to register for selective service.

• Like 3

My dad got his draft notice back in 1952.. .The only problem was he was at that time a Forward Observer for an Artillery unit in Korea ... He begged his Capt to let him go back and report for basic training...

Instead, his Captain sent a letter to my dad's draft board stating that the "Sergeant would be glad to report for induction if four of the board members would come and replace him"... And signed it "Somewhere North

of the 38th Parallel" (in North Korea)... He never heard from them again...

• Like 7

My dad got his draft notice back in 1952.. .The only problem was he was at that time a Forward Observer for an Artillery unit in Korea ... He begged his Capt to let him go back and report for basic training...

Instead, his Captain sent a letter to my dad's draft board stating that the "Sergeant would be glad to report for induction if four of the board members would come and replace him"... And signed it "Somewhere North

of the 38th Parallel" (in North Korea)... He never heard from them again...

LOL that's awesome!

• Like 1

Hmmm, a 'Dark Lord' (Obama) trying to raise an army of the dead. [George crosses the USA off his list of places to visit]

• Like 5

Er, why is this the responsibility of the Department for Transportation anyway?

Er, why is this the responsibility of the Department for Transportation anyway?

It is not, but almost all able bodied Americans have a drivers license and are not necessarily included in any census, the registration data is compared to the data of the Dept. of transportation in most states.

BTW, for all those not US citizen but with a permanent resident status in the US: if you are over 18 and not over 25: You must also register.

Edited by questionmark

They could have worded the article better. It implies they are being drafted, when they are only be required to join selective service.

Just our government at work Folks.

Obama the necromancer. >.>

Hmmm, a 'Dark Lord' (Obama) trying to raise an army of the dead. [George crosses the USA off his list of places to visit]

Nah, just an army of dead voters, it's a Chicago thing.

Correction, you "STILL" have to register for selective service, if you are "MALE".

Correction, you "STILL" have to register for selective service, if you are "MALE".

I stand corrected, but I supposed that it was generally known as women in combat roles are still frowned upon... even if more professional than their male counterparts.

I got a good giggle out of this particular article... this is also why it's always a good idea to double check numbers before hitting that silly send button...

Don't Jinx it dude. It may have been Human Error but how do we know the US Military wasn't drafting people in this century? :whistle: And this wasn't a precursor of things to come.........

Edited by stevemagegod

Which isn't what the OP states. It says "attempts to draft" doesn't it now? :w00t: Seriously though, I'm aware about selective service because it was my age group that was the cutoff when it started up again in the late 70's. Those born in 1960 or onward were required to sign or risk problems. :tu:

Obama the necromancer. >.>

QUICK!! Call Gandalf!! (Hobbit 3 movie plug)

That you know of. It could be a carefully guarded secret-who knows?

The Zombie apocalypse must be starting and the government plans to draft their own army of Zombies.

this_is_my_boomstick_by_pokespartan117-d5w828d.jpg

That is a funny glitch in the system...

Almost as funny as a couple over here in England who were sent a notice from the local police saying they wanted to discuss an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) they wanted to impose on their child for bad behaviour.... Problem was there only child was still in the womb and would not be born for another few weeks....

Here is an artuicle on that anyway lol

http://www.bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/home/2011/04/baby-slapped-with-an-asbo.html

• Like 1

Proof that the US government is building an army of the dead. Reminder, you must shoot them in the head. The Zombie apocalypse is real .