Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noah gets drunk! Best scripture ever

LostSouls7

Yes if you have never read Genesis 9:20-25 it's the best scripture ever written.

Noah gets drunk and naked. I've been reading the bible from the start every chapter and I must say

it's entertaining.. but this scripture makes me laugh.

Growing up they never read it while telling Noah's Story!

I think the Ark is fun. But not as fun as the story of him getting drunk off wine

and passing out naked! This should part of the story needs more attention I think

Any comments about this chapter and verse are welcome.

I never knew reading the bible would actually be this fun !

Edited by LostSouls7

Yes if you have never read Genesis 9:20-25 it's the best scripture ever written.

Noah gets drunk and naked. I've been reading the bible from the start every chapter and I must say

I think the Ark is fun. But not as fun as the story of him getting drunk off wine

and passing out naked! This should part of the story needs more attention I think

Biblical literalists like to pass that one over, as it doesn't exactly put him in a very good light does it! :lol:

• Like 1

Better than Lot getting drunk and knocking up his daughters? That's some Biblical family values right there.

• Like 6

Better than Lot getting drunk and knocking up his daughters? That's some Biblical family values right there.

I was just experiencing hospitality at a Jewish friend's house and it got me to thinking all about Lot.

But this is a debate for another thread I suppose.

The guys the deity supposedly favoured were a very unpleasant bunch! But then I guess they reflected the nastiness of their icon deity!

Happens to the best of us :)

I always took it as a thing to say "Hey, you're gonna **** up, you're still important"

same w/ the guy who was a pedophile, the murderer's, the adulterer's

God uses them all in the old testament. which, considering the content of the old testament by and large, is a nice message.

• Like 3

Hey the Bible... says drunks will not inherit the Kingdom...

but Noah used to get drunk.

If Noah did it so can we! Drink up friends!

• Like 1

If you really find that part entertaining then I would like to suggest that you read a series by California author, Vaughn Heppner. Here is a link to part one of that series.

These books start with Noah's youngest son Ham as an ancient man recounting to his descendant the Pharaoh, the time from when Noah and his son's built the ark in pre-dilluvian times to when Jehova scatters the descendants of Noah by causing a schism in Babel. The part about Noah's drunkenness is featured in book two I believe. It's a great read.

• Like 1

If you really find that part entertaining then I would like to suggest that you read a series by California author, Vaughn Heppner. Here is a link to part one of that series.

These books start with Noah's youngest son Ham as an ancient man recounting to his descendant the Pharaoh, the time from when Noah and his son's built the ark in pre-dilluvian times to when Jehova scatters the descendants of Noah by causing a schism in Babel. The part about Noah's drunkenness is featured in book two I believe. It's a great read.

Thank you for posting this!!

I suppose it doesn't help the churches reading this verse about Noah being drunk...

I mean churches say getting drunk is bad.

But i can just read about Noah getting drunk

and say well why could Noah do it then ?

I wanna get drunk to

I guess it really depends on if he learned his lesson or not. (I'm drunk right now)

• Like 2

I guess it really depends on if he learned his lesson or not. (I'm drunk right now)

cheers my friend! I just opened a beer..

but i drank wine Noah style last night

• Like 2

I have never been drunk in my life, nor would ever wish to be so!

Don't worry some of us drink every day so you can be drunk vicariously through us.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

Also fun that he cursed his son for walking in and seeing him naked...

• Like 1

Also fun that he cursed his son for walking in and seeing him naked...

yes and even more fun.. that he got drunk naked..

cursed his son into slavery...

and then said Praise God!

if I did that in a church I would be called a heretic!

they would cast me out as a heathen..

yet Noah can drink all he wants.. and even put curses on people..

Edited by LostSouls7

Biblical literalists like to pass that one over, as it doesn't exactly put him in a very good light does it! :lol:

They should read these verses and discuss them in great detail during Sunday service.

yes and even more fun.. that he got drunk naked..

cursed his song into slavery...

and then said Praise God!

if I did that in a church I would be called a heretic!

they would cast me out as a heathen..

yet Noah can drink all he wants.. and even put curses on people..

In his defense, he just got of a boat with a bunch of animals and his family for years.

I'd be drinking too

• Like 3

In his defense, he just got of a boat with a bunch of animals and his family for years.

I'd be drinking too

hell i would have been drinking ON the boat...

• Like 1

hell i would have been drinking ON the boat...

Is operating an ark while intoxicated still a crime....because, I may need to speak to an attorney.......

• Like 3

i just assumed it was hard to find fruit to allow to ferment, what with all the animals and all.

• Like 2

I wonder if they had whiskey in bible times...

lol i think the stories would have been more like the wild west if they had

whiskey

One wonders about this story and how it may have evolved. Of course it's just guesswork, and seems to be a feeble attempt to explain God's seeming preference for Semites. Of course it represents the old thinking that curses are handed down through the generations, one of the more unfortunate and superstitious and indefensible assumptions of the Bible.

I have never been drunk in my life, nor would ever wish to be so!

Is that meant to be amusing? Only idiots get drunk! :devil: