Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Let's fake a Bigfoot

hoax bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Mr. ET

Mr. ET

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

All I would have to do is take off my shirt and stand next to some trees. LOL :w00t:

#17    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostHida Akechi, on 13 July 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Now Bigfeet will always wear Hawaiian shirts.

Bigfoot never listens to me. I've gone on hundreds of camping trips and the guy has never shown up.

#18    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 July 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Wear a Hawaiian shirt. Bigfoot never wears Hawaiian shirts.

The funny thing is, as a part of my midlife crisis plan, I decided to wear Hawaiian shirts.

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.

William S. Burroughs

#19    iWitness

iWitness

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

• Hi, thanks for dropping by.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Thanks all, this thread is funnier than I expected.

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!

#20    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Goldeneye N64 Guru

• 1,990 posts

• It's what your right hand's for!

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Big feet, big hands?

Posted Image

#21    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• 1,417 posts

• There is a distinct lack of critical thinking anymore...

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostDefenceMinisterMishkin, on 13 July 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Big feet, big hands?

Uh oh.  Better stop before it becomes R-rated.

Viking and Pagan at heart.  Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

#22    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

We should organize a UM Forum Bigfoot faking contest! :D Winner gets to be named the Major  Bigfootologist of UM.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#23    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Psychic Spy

• 1,313 posts

• “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!” Stephen Decatur

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

View Postscowl, on 13 July 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Don't take blurry footage! That would put it in the same category as every other crappy Bigfoot video. The world doesn't need another one of those.

If you must hide details, put a fog filter on the lens and shoot it in the morning and claim it was still cold and misty. When hoaxing, start with the video, study it carefully, and then form an airtight story around it.

Aim higher, folks. You want to make the best Bigfoot suit and take the most convincing footage since the Patterson footage, which would make it the most convincing footage ever.
Yeah, make it so realistic, nobody will believe it. Sounds illogical, but that's how it would work out. Too good to be true.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#24    SaraT

SaraT

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

• Just consider me Sherlock Holmes on Marmite.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'll need to consult with a Greek friend who can give us an appropriate scientific-sounding name for Bigfoot.  But not at nearly 2AM.  LOL.

PS:  Never mind, we have Google translate:  "Megalopodi"  That just doesn't have a certain ring to it.

Another PS:   Latin might give us "Magnapede"!  I say that's better!  :)

Edited by SaraT, 14 July 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#25    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostJohn Wesley Boyd, on 14 July 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yeah, make it so realistic, nobody will believe it. Sounds illogical, but that's how it would work out. Too good to be true.

At worst some would call it the best Bigfoot hoax ever. I would love to earn that title considering that Bigfoot fans are still clutching every frame of the Patterson footage from 45 years ago.

#26    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Psychic Spy

• 1,313 posts

• “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!” Stephen Decatur

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Postscowl, on 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

At worst some would call it the best Bigfoot hoax ever. I would love to earn that title considering that Bigfoot fans are still clutching every frame of the Patterson footage from 45 years ago.
Just rent a Wookie suit and wear football shoulder pads under it and parade in front of some trail cams.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#27    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostJohn Wesley Boyd, on 14 July 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Just rent a Wookie suit and wear football shoulder pads under it and parade in front of some trail cams.

When it comes to trail cams, why limit that to Bigfoot? Wrap yourself in aluminum foil, stick a fishbowl on your head (antennas optional) and walk up to a trail cam at night until it goes off. The aluminum foil will probably overexpose the shot and make it look very mysterious.

Some jerks use infrared flashes and cameras so it won't frighten the wildlife at night. That makes it harder to know if the owner got a good shot of you.

#28    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,421 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

The best way to fake Bigfoot? Distance. Make sure BF is far enough away that no real good detail can be seen. And brush, tall grass, or leafy trees help with breaking up the image so ID is harder.

Don't include anything that would show the correct scale. The illusion of being huge is what is needed. Maybe place some children's furniture conveniently nearby.

Film at dusk or dawn, as the sun will help with ruining the ability of the camera to take a good sharp image.

I'd stay away from the IR, it really looks cheesy.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#29    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• 1,417 posts

• There is a distinct lack of critical thinking anymore...

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

As for video, be sure to NOT stabilize your camera, and make sure you hold it as loosely and shake it a lot.  That's more useful for recording UFOs, but it will apply here as well.

Viking and Pagan at heart.  Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

#30    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

1) Use a long telephoto lense like a documentary film maker would use to film from a camouflaged 'nest'. Pretend the footage was indeed taken by an experienced documentary photographer whilst trying to film bears or rare snow cats or something. That might give it a feeling of legitimacy.
2) Get the actor in a suit to observe other nature documentaries on how primates move, look and behave. In movies weird creatures are always way too exaggerated. You don't want the Bigfoot doing anything unusual or modern human like. It needs to be captured as if it doesn't know its being filmed or that predators (humans) are around.

Also tagged with hoax, bigfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users