Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Abu Simbel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,674 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Watched a documentary on this last night, found it really fascinating. The fact that twice a year on the kings birthday the run rises and shines through the temple and lights up all the statues of Ramesses II. Its blows me away how a culture can construct such a thing. Even that it was moved in the 60's and did not crumble is significant too. How do you take apart something like that without it falling a part, the pictures i saw of the relocation looks like there moving parts of a puzzle! If anyone has anything to add to this please jump in.

P.S, wouldnt the relocation effect the lighting twice a year?

Thanks!

Edited by LucidElement, 14 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,350 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 14 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Watched a documentary on this last night, found it really fascinating. The fact that twice a year on the kings birthday the run rises and shines through the temple and lights up all the statues of Ramesses II. Its blows me away how a culture can construct such a thing. Even that it was moved in the 60's and did not crumble is significant too. How do you take apart something like that without it falling a part, the pictures i saw of the relocation looks like there moving parts of a puzzle! If anyone has anything to add to this please jump in.

P.S, wouldnt the relocation effect the lighting twice a year?

Thanks!

Not as long as they still face in the same direction... it just starts a few seconds earlier (due to the higher altitude).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users