Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hailstones the size of golf ball

Brian Topp

Children are screaming, debris is flying through the air and thunderous grey clouds are firing hailstones the size of golf balls murderously down upon bare-skinned crowds as they run, shrieking, for cover.

to read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/13/sun-sea-and-hailstones-the-size-of-golf-balls-what-happens-when-you-hit-the-beach-in-siberia-4796880/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uM_IVprXA

• Like 4

Wow! That's a pretty extreme weather change. Hopefully no one got knocked unconscious while in the water.

• Like 1

Again, this is impossible. Nothing strange ever happens in Russia.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how much protection that one guy expected to get from just hunkering down and covering himself with a newspaper...

• Like 2

It's funny they all run AWAY FROM the one thing that gives them protection. Be it hailstones, viscous storm, earthquake, whatever, you're always safest in the water. In this event, all you do is dive underwater and hold your breath, I can hold it for 5 minutes but anyone can hold it for 10 with practice, like those pearl divers in Asia, But even if you surface once a minute for a few seconds to take another breath, you're protected for most of the time. Better than being covered with a newspaper... I thought that last guy in the water was the only smart one, then at the end he left the water too. Maybe they know something I don't.

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how much protection that one guy expected to get from just hunkering down and covering himself with a newspaper...

well, everyone knows that a blanket is great protection from bogeymen & other nighttime critters Taun....

;-)

• Like 2

Apparently "The Day After Tomorrow" was a warning for the prophecy that was about to unfold.

Now we're just waiting for the huge tsunami to wipe out New York.

• Like 1

Global warming strikes again.

Don't worry Al Gore is on top of it.

Too bad he wasn't under it.

• Like 1

I thought Russians were supposed to be tough..

The guy under the towl was pretty epic though.

It's funny they all run AWAY FROM the one thing that gives them protection. Be it hailstones, viscous storm, earthquake, whatever, you're always safest in the water. In this event, all you do is dive underwater and hold your breath, I can hold it for 5 minutes but anyone can hold it for 10 with practice, like those pearl divers in Asia, But even if you surface once a minute for a few seconds to take another breath, you're protected for most of the time. Better than being covered with a newspaper... I thought that last guy in the water was the only smart one, then at the end he left the water too. Maybe they know something I don't.

That one lady tried. She lasted about 2 minutes, the poor dear. Having spent a lot of time in the mid-west lately I've been introduced a few times to large hail. I've got a 2 minute video from my porch a couple years back of golf balls sized ones ripping apart my stuff in the backyard. Stones this size really really hurt. I'm sure there are more than a few cuts and bruises on those folks. Ouch.

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 1

Wow. I had something like that happen a few years back. Was visiting my brother in law in Montana one summer. Drove in down the mountian and the weather was ok, then over the course of 15 minutes the sky opened up, and this huge hailstorm dumped on us. It only lasted 20 minutes, but did a bunch of damage to the buildings. It was crazy, my bro jokingly said I brought bad weather with me.

• Like 1

In Mother Russia, country hails you!

• Like 5

Ouch, I've been in a few small hailstorms in Florida but nothing too extreme, even the little ones are pretty painful though.

• Like 1

They are lucky they weren't Oklahoma hail stones!

(pic from a storm last year)

Hailstone_zps1014d125.jpg

• Like 3

was that a beach it looked like river-bank to me haha

That is the Ob river. We should send Jeremy Wade to see what river monsters he can find.

What the Hail!

• Like 1

In Mother Russia, country hails you!

:nw:

• Like 1

Let me get this right..... there are beaches in Siberia?! And people bathe on them ?!

I'm sorry but the people hanging out there must make Geordies look like quivering imbeciles.

And they complain when someone sprinkles a little extra ice on them? lol

That is the Ob river. We should send Jeremy Wade to see what river monsters he can find.

that's not a bad idea..

Siberia is a vast and remarkable place. Here there be tigers.

They are lucky they weren't Oklahoma hail stones!

(pic from a storm last year)

Hailstone_zps1014d125.jpg

What the... A hailstone of that size could kill a brotha!

• Like 3