Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did Jesus survive the crucifixion?

jesus religion. alternative mysteries history

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,044 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

Joseph of Aramethia was Jesus`s uncle no one could have taken the body but a relative.Who else would have given Jesus his tomb.

http://en.wikipedia....ph_of_Arimathea

Edited by docyabut2, 21 July 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#47    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,168 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 21 July 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Joseph of Aramethia was Jesus`s uncle no one could have taken the body but a relative.Who else would have given Jesus his tomb.

http://en.wikipedia....ph_of_Arimathea
The story that Joseph was Mary's, or Joseph's (Mary's husband) uncle can be traced back only as far as the Medeival period. People wanted to be descended (Genealogy became really important when nobles needed justification to rule.) from famous people and so Joseph of Arimathea was a good target, as were Mary and Joseph of Nazareth. Very few Biblical scholars believe that to be true.

Who else would give Jesus their tomb? Have you read the Bible? Jesus's followers were just about fanatics. Any of them that had money would have bought him a tomb.

Plus it says that Joseph had to go and Beg for the body. A family member wouldn't have had to beg for the body, just ask for it.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#48    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,161 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

I have read a lot of theories about Jesus' possible survival after his crucifixion, even that it wasn't him who was being crucified, but his son, look-alike, brother, and so on.

But IF he was crucified, and IF he survived, then why did no one notice..... he had problems walking after he got 7-inch nails hammered through though the bones of his feet??

It's these tiny details that I like, heh.

Edited by Abramelin, 22 July 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#49    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,161 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 19 July 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

It is Islam where they are taught that Judas was substituted for Jesus...

http://www.fortresso...s-on-the-cross/

Also appears to come out of the Gnostic Gospel of Barnabas...

Actually, the idea was around long before the Qur'an was even 'received' by Mohammad.

You can find hints at this in the Nag Hammadi manuscripts, all of which are centuries older than the Gospel of Barnabas.

Edited by Abramelin, 22 July 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#50    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 11,256 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 22 July 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Actually, the idea was around long before the Qur'an was even 'received' by Mohammad.

You can find hints at this in the Nag Hammadi manuscripts, all of which are centuries older than the Gospel of Barnabas.

Hey Abe ... how goes ? :)

I believe the 'alternative' don't go very far or carry much around these here parts .. :lol:

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.

Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC

~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#51    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,472 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 22 July 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hey Abe ... how goes ? :)

I believe the 'alternative' don't go very far or carry much around these here parts .. :lol:

~

I've said it before: thinking "outside the box" still requires /thinking/. Far too often "alternative" is short-hand for "lazy thinking" or "no thinking at all." Look at all the posters who cannot even master basic history or science yet go on to spew paffle. Elaborate paffle, it's true, but still paffle.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

Also tagged with jesus, religion., alternative, mysteries, history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users