Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scientists baffled by gigantic hole that has

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

http://www.infowars....d-of-the-world/

Now that is a big hole. I just got done watching the new Godzilla earlier today for the first time so this makes the first though that comes to my mind giant monsters getting ready to battle it out on earth. I think there is about a 1-2% chance that it is something other than giant monsters battling for earth but most likely monster wars. Yes, that's it. I'm a genius. :tsu:

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Parenthood has wrecked your brain! :P

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,893 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

It's the abyss and the demonspawn are coming out to battle the unbelievers. :w00t:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Kenemet

Kenemet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

POPULAR

Infowars is an unreliable site.  The Daily Mail is a tabloid site and is also unreliable.

If you look at Yamal, Russia (Google Earth or Google Maps), you will see that the region is FULL of lakes and FULL of large holes.  It's taiga/tundra and between the snow cap and other geological forces, these types of holes are not unusual in that landscape.  The image shows that the hole has been there for a very long time.

No scientists are running off to look at this one.  Someone found a video of someone else flying into Yamal and put their own spin (and imaginary scientists) onto it.

#5    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

• A cool and nice guy!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

oh no, the monsters have been awakened. Run for your lives, folks!!! :w00t:

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

#6    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 1,386 posts

• A cool and nice guy!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Seriously though, what are those people thinking? :td:

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

#7    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

This hole is interesting, I think, because it seems to be a "breathing hole".  Meaning that at some point in time, probably during the formation, water was pulsing in and out of it.  This indicates interesting movement and pressure changes in the underground stream below it.  I imagine some geologists would be interested, considering how this would affect data of the natural gas deposits in the region.

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

It is a pretty big hole. Deep too, it would appear. If it is 260 feet wide, it has to be around that deep. Probably it will fill with water, as there appears to be a lake nearby.

A remarkable hole, but not supernaturally so.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Poltergeist

• 2,153 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

That's located in the area of the Siberian Traps,  a Flood Basalt Event. It was caused by an emense mantle plume under the super continent of Pangea during the Permian. It lasted for a million years and extruded four million cubic miles of basalt. That whole area is riddled with holes and lava tubes and extraordinary step formations.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd, 16 July 2014 - 03:20 AM.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#10    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

POPULAR

if there's one thing i've learned from this forum, it's that scientists are always going around being baffled. giant question marks over their heads, etc. it's just how they do.

#11    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

I know, right?  Reading some of these accounts, It's amazing they can tie their shoes in the morning.

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

I was just driving over and getting a milkshake, and heard on Coast to Coast that there is already an American group (Name not mentioned while I was listening) who is winging over to Siberia to check out this hole. That is quick action, even if it is to look at a totally natural hole.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,259 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Well I am no expert in gigantic holes appearing suddenly but....but, I think some divine power has provided us with a large hole to toss all of our ignorance, hatred, loathing and self-destructive tendencies which are leading our species to a population bottleneck where-after extinction may occur.

That or the rock or soil under the surface was carried away by forces as unexplainable as water which allowed that large hole to appear.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#14    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 July 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

I was just driving over and getting a milkshake, and heard on Coast to Coast that there is already an American group (Name not mentioned while I was listening) who is winging over to Siberia to check out this hole. That is quick action, even if it is to look at a totally natural hole.

if they take the opportunity to learn about geology (which is amazing) then it could be a positive overall!

learning about geology is way more interesting than "look! a hole! mystery??" anyhow,

#15    ai_guardian

ai_guardian

al-sifer .o.O.o. refic-ul

• 1,332 posts

• If you want to know what it will be like when you die, just remember back to what it was like before you were born.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

lol, I just cannot help myself.....looks like we've found the butt hole of the world :w00t: ...it's in "gas-rich northern Siberia"... looks like some gas may have escaped! :rofl:

Sorry, I just had to....back to work now

"... there can be no certainty of the last Conclusion, without a certainty of all those Affirmations and Negations, on which it was grounded, and inferred. ... And therefore if a man should talk to me of ... Immateriall Substances; or of A free Subject; A free-will; or any Free, but free from being hindred by opposition, I should not say he were in an Errour, but that his words were without meaning; that is to say, Absurd. ..."[sic] Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan (1651)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users