Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Battle Claws' in ancient Peruvian tomb

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,924 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Archaeologists discover 1,500-year-old 'battle claws' in ancient Peruvian tomb

Archaeologists in Peru are excited after unearthing a pair of ancient metal cat’s claws from the tomb of dead nobleman.

The paws were found at the archaeological site of Huaca de la Luna or Temple of the Moon -  a shrine located in the capital city of the Moche civilization, a Peruvian culture that flourished in South America between 100 and 800 AD.

The scientists who discovered the grave suggest that the claws might have been part of a ritual costume used in ceremonial combat, according to a report from El Comercia.

http://www.independe...mb-9605691.html

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,084 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

There is an existing thread on this in the Palaeontology, Archaeology & History forum.

The topic can be found here: Sharpened metal claws unearthed in Peru.

I'm closing this topic to avoid duplication.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users