Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School's 'proud' letter to pupils goes viral

Still Waters

A letter sent to pupils at a Lancashire primary school along with their key stage two test results has gone viral on social media sites.

The letter to pupils at Barrowford Primary School in Nelson told them the tests do not always assess what makes them "special and unique".

It has been posted on Facebook, Twitter and featured in national newspapers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ashire-28319907

When I see a letter like that it tells me that the kids totally bombed the test and the school is trying to make them feel better.

I recall seeing similar stuff like that when I was a kid and it always meant that I did badly.

It's format is much like those letters you get after an interview where they use similar tactics just to tell you that you have nothing they need or want.

It's cute (and needlessly wordy) but it seems patronizing too. If the kids as a class failed then just tell the truth and tell the kids that they performed poorly. That's life, suck it up.

Sorry, I just never could connect with all this "feel-good" self esteem nonsense even when I was little so I see it differently.

• Like 3

I like the letter whether it was for encouragement alone or a mechanism to ease low test scores. It speaks the truth nonetheless.

On a sidenote, I am not sure who the reporter is, but she's pleasing to the eyes.

• Like 1

Better to just tell the kids they flunked then to sugar-coat it.

Then tell them they need to do much better and so does the school.

Kids really do not like being patronized and lied to about these things.

Ah good old Nelson,

Aparantly, they love sandwiches(really into bread), and they walk around with there mouths open when it rains to get a drink of water.