Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indigo Child?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    calebd22

calebd22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Could anyone here help me?
I am new here and i am seeking answers.
I am confused about my purpose here on earth.
Ive been here for only 15yrs.. I feel like ive been here longer. i know im Indigo and have a purpose here. But i do not feel like i am from here.

I want guidance....Whats my purpose why am i here?

Why arent the higher powers helping me and explaining these things to me?

I am just confused can anyone help and explain a few things?

Thanks!
             Caleb

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,494 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

First off, welcome.

Secondly, there is no "purpose" that is just for you. That is something you have to invent for yourself, no one is going to whisper it in your ear or hand you a golden letter telling you what your "purpose" is or some mysterious person telling you that you have been chosen for a special task.

Also many of us, like myself, feel we are not "from here" and that is completely normal and not unusual or special at all. We are born into a society that seduces us into thinking that we have some sort of special mission in this life and often we learn, the hard way, that this is not true and that we are no different nor anymore unique and special from anyone else. It is easy if we were just told what we are here for but reality tells us that we are not here for anything in particular and that it is YOUR responsibility to invent or pretend that you have a purpose or a reason.

We can invent many reasons for existing such as taking care of animals or helping an elderly neighbor clean their house or whatever.

We all have to invent that purpose on our own so instead of expecting a glowing angel or faerie telling you that you have a special mission and telling you what to do, you need to discover that for yourself. Your parents, teachers and counselors have a much better grasp of what your aptitudes and possible paths are in life so ask them as they are in the real world.
Find out what your aptitudes are and then go and expand on those skills that will afford you a decent wage in life.

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,686 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

why do you think your an indigo child?

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

There is no such thing as Indigo Children. It is just more new age woo woo.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

I don't think this forum is a good place for discussing this stuff.

This is a really good site for that type of stuff:
http://www.starseeds.net

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I hope you find your purpose :)

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#6    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

It is normal to be confused as a teenager, unfortunately. Nothing special about it, no superpowers etc.You will grow out of it.

#7    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

The Indigo Child label is nothing more than a New Age gimic to create an air of superiority and give people an excuse to buck authority and live in the fringe.

If you want to live in the fringe, you can do so quite happily w/o another label slapped on yourself;  all labels do is confine people.  Don't do that to yourself.

Humans are wonderful creatures in and of themselves, without adding anything stellar or mysterious to the mix.

Just be happy being alive.  And avoid all Indigo forums like the plague.

#8    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

View Postcalebd22, on 17 July 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Ive been here for only 15yrs.. I feel like ive been here longer. i know im Indigo and have a purpose here. But i do not feel like i am from here.

Thanks!
Caleb

Hello Caleb,

Guidance comes from within the self. Strange as it may seem, you are your own higher power.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Your purpose in life is what you make of it.  Find your passion and live it.

There is no higher power guiding us.  You have one life so live every minute like it is your last because you'll never get it back.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,494 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

If you read all the supposed "qualities" of an "Indigo" child, they really describe a child that is essentially spoiled, bratty, obnoxious and has a total lack of consideration for others and authority. That is certainly nothing special and pretty much describes a huge portion of kids.

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

View Postcalebd22, on 17 July 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Thanks!
             Caleb
You are a seeker Caleb. I recommend a meditation practice and then also lots of reading about science, philosophy, the classics.

Carl Jung is always a good place to start. Take care.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostRyu, on 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

If you read all the supposed "qualities" of an "Indigo" child, they really describe a child that is essentially spoiled, bratty, obnoxious and has a total lack of consideration for others and authority. That is certainly nothing special and pretty much describes a huge portion of kids.

Well put. Basically the family friendly version of what I would have written.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostRyu, on 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Well I work with a very large amount of children with well over 20,000 hours working with them and watching them grow. I'd say you are categorically wrong. Certainly some are more difficult then others but there can be a vast amount of reasons for these things.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,494 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

A lot of kids have "problems" with authority and plenty will tell you what they want,plenty have horrendously over-inflated sense of self worth/importance and they all think they are super "speshul"; no thanks to the over abundance of soppy-sweet kids shows always telling them how special they are.

Most kids fight the rules and think they do not apply to them so that too is nothing unique.

Well, you believe what you like about these "special little snowflakes" but real life will slam them down several notches then they will learn they have to do all the garbage the rest of us "ordinary" people have to do just to get through life. No one is going to hand them anything on a silver platter nor should they be treated like royalty because they are not. The sooner they have this instilled in them the better and they will be far happier for it too.

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostRyu, on 18 July 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

A lot of kids have "problems" with authority and plenty will tell you what they want,plenty have horrendously over-inflated sense of self worth/importance and they all think they are super "speshul"; no thanks to the over abundance of soppy-sweet kids shows always telling them how special they are.

Most kids fight the rules and think they do not apply to them so that too is nothing unique.

Well, you believe what you like about these "special little snowflakes" but real life will slam them down several notches then they will learn they have to do all the garbage the rest of us "ordinary" people have to do just to get through life. No one is going to hand them anything on a silver platter nor should they be treated like royalty because they are not. The sooner they have this instilled in them the better and they will be far happier for it too.
Children go through a maturing process. They are learning. Most are not ego self inflated as you suggest, actually I find more of that with adults. Most parents do not treat their chikdren like kings and queens. they are constantly trying to find the bakance between love and discipline. You sound like somone with very little knowledge of child development or parenting. Certainly there are those that are like you suggest, but they are a small minority. There is a stage teenagers go through that they have more of an aptitude for what you suggest, but this is all perfectly normal Human behavior. Testing boundaries is perfectly normal.

By the way I teach "special little snow flakes" how to take people down, choke them out, punch kick elbow, and to suck it up and keep going if they take a hard body shot. I also put them through rigorous highly disciplined workouts to teach then what they are capable of, take them to world class competitions, and constantly reinforce emotional intelligence. Kids are  awesome! They are not nearly as ego centric as adults are, they don't really dwell on agendas, mostly they want to learn, have fun, and be loved. And yes this is a highly experienced professional opinion.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 18 July 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users