Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Full Metal Burqa

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

I heard this story on the way to work thismorning, and was somewhat impressed.

It appears that volunteer militia's are being raised to assist in securing the Kurdistan borders against encroachment by ISIS.

One slightly unusual one is composed entirely of women, and is about to deploy onto the front line. Now, I'd always thought that this entire region where considerably retarded when it comes to womens rights, and certainly wouldn't tolerate women in the army. It would appear, however, that in the case of Kurdistan, I was wrong !

I've found a version of this story on the BBC news website: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-28308632

It also has a SUPERB picture, which I think should form the basis of a caption competition ?

Posted Image
You... yes.. YOU with the beard... did you just fire a BULLET at me ? How RUDE !!!!

Energy is contagious
Enthusiasm spreads
Tides respond to lunar gravitation
Everything turns in synchronous relation

#2    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,221 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

wow.........WOW !!!.......thank you so much for sharing...

#3    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostRoofGardener, on 17 July 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'd always thought that this entire region were considerably retarded when it comes to womens rights, and certainly wouldn't tolerate women in the army.

when it comes to cannon-fodder RG,
it seems that Kurdistan are an equal opportunities employer.
next they'll be sending out people in wheelchairs to clear minefields....
aah.., such a progressive nation.
we should follow their example....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#4    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Gnomish Sorcery League Professor

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I have always considered it empowering for a woman to go fight wars in my stead.

Hyperbole aside there is a quote from the Excel Saga mimicking B.S. Yamato  "When men dream it is women who must make the sacrifices".

The most difficult thing for men to understand in history is that we don't stand in the middle of it and don't have the most to lose after we lose.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#5    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,221 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostRoofGardener, on 17 July 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

It also has a SUPERB picture, which I think should form the basis of a caption competition ?

Posted Image

"They are not fighting for the messiah...they are very naughty boys...load up ladies...12 o'clock...FIRE!!"

:)

#6    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image
Thats it Girls; hold him down. Now, Sara, get his gun. Gueniviere, get his grenades.
The rest of you.. kick him in the fork !!!!

Energy is contagious
Enthusiasm spreads
Tides respond to lunar gravitation
Everything turns in synchronous relation

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,545 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

She looks like the sister of the guy that played the Ompa-Lompa's in the Johnny Depp movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"...

#8    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Well as long as they're getting the training and equipment they need good for them. The Kurds seem to be one of the more sane groups in the area and if it helps kick ISIS in the junk all the better.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#9    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

The problem with the Western media and the people who read it is, we all think of ALL Muslims as being the same.

A story comes out about how women in a conservative part of Saudi Arabia have to wear the dreaded burqa, and all of a sudden, ALL Westerners think ALL Muslim women have to wear the burqa, and all of a sudden again, it is *the* human rights issue in the West, Ban the Burqa!

The above by RoofGardener blows that stereotype to bits

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users