Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sets house on fire while killing a spider

UM-Bot

The creative arachnophobe managed to burn his house down while trying to kill a spider with fire.

Most of us might try to remove a big spider from the house using a piece of tissue paper or a glass, but one Seattle resident this week attempted something a little more drastic by fashioning a makeshift flamethrower out of a lighter and a can of spray paint.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/269493/man-sets-house-on-fire-while-killing-a-spider

• Like 2

Talk about overkill. I bet he feels a right dipstick now!

• Like 3

As for the spider, Moore said: “I’m pretty sure the spider did not survive this fire. The whole wall went.”

Is it wrong for me to secretly feel that the end justifies the means? :ph34r:

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 2

If this was a horror movie or a comedy, the spider would be seen escaping from the ashes of the house.

• Like 4

Does he not own any shoes?

• Like 2

He should have Nuked it from orbit, only way to be sure...

• Like 4

Kind of reminds me of this old guy who was trying to eliminate weeds and cobwebs outside his house using a blowtorch and set his attic on fire in the process.

Do these people ever think before doing something stupid?

I especially liked the last sentence:

"It isn't clear whether or not the offending arachnid actually managed to survived the ordeal."

Absolutely priceless......

• Like 3

He should have Nuked it from orbit, only way to be sure...

:clap:

It's just a harmless spider fgs! Now the guy is homeless (good going there). What is wrong with some people?

• Like 2

@Lilly I speak from experience lol, common sense often takes a back seat for some people when faced with a spider.

• Like 3

But Dot, you don't go and burn your house to the ground 'cause there's a spider in it! :no:

Here's what the Fire Chief said:

Fire is not the method to use to kill a spider.

Wise words there.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 3

But Dot, you don't go and burn your house to the ground 'cause there's a spider in it! :no:

You don't plan for it to happen that way lol <.<

• Like 1

You don't plan for it to happen that way lol <.<

True, true...but just promise me you'll never use a flamethrower for spider removal.

Honestly, a baseball bat or one of those Dr Scholl's exercise sandels (with the wooden bottoms) will allow you to crush any arachnid invaders with impunity!

• Like 2

lol I can try to promise that :P

Or the lighter and hairspray trick. :yes:

• Like 1

Leo...do not give Dot any more 'inflammatory' ideas.

Now, both of you, sit down, breathe calmly...in through your nose, out through your mouth. Feeling better? Good.

Now, repeat after me: "Spiders are my little friends. Spiders eat mosquitos and other pests. Spiders should be trapped in a jar and taken outside. Flamethrowers are not a solution to any spider situations".

• Like 2

Now, repeat after me: "Spiders need to die. Spiders spiders need to die. Spiders need to die. Flamethrowers are not great...but they are an option ".

Fixed^

• Like 3