Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The bizarre tale of the ladies who limped

limped victorian strangeness

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,003 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

With the honourable exception of Lady Gaga's frock of meat, it was the most thunderingly daft episode in the entire history of fashion, says author Jeremy Clay.

In the well-heeled streets of London, something peculiar was afoot. In Edinburgh too, things were askew.

Before long, the phenomenon had worked its way across the land, passed from town to town like a contagion, leaving hobbling knots of sufferers wherever it went.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onitor-28357269

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,016 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Victorians were strange folk!!!

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users