Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zoo party nights ‘threaten animal welfare'

london zoo part nights animal welfare penguin pool beer tiger

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

The welfare of animals at London zoo is being put at risk by drunken visitors at its Friday night parties, including one incident in which a man poured beer over a tiger before being thrown out by staff.

Another incident this month saw a man strip off and attempt to enter the penguin pool, forcing staff to intervene. There are also unconfirmed reports that a drunken woman tried to enter the lion enclosure in June.

http://www.theguardi...-animal-welfare

Posted Image

#2    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

"Sources at the zoo have raised serious concerns about the impact on animals’ sleep and stress levels from the lucrative Zoo Lates sessions, which are advertised as an “after party with the animals”."

Lucrative. I win again. I don't even have to read these articles anymore. When it comes to animal welfare or lack of, just follow the money.

#3    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,151 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

So, the zoo thought the idea of a party near wild animals with a bunch of drunk people WOULDN'T be an issue?

I mean "poured beer on a tiger", come on people we're supposed to be the smart animals.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostScheming B, on 20 July 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

come on people we're supposed to be the smart animals.

99.99% of the time we prove that we don't deserve to be...

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,828 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well IMO the animal have a right to peace and quiet on an evening and night. The zoo should be closed to the public after 7 pm at the latest.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#6    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Threaten animal welfare? How is this possible the animals are still receiving all of the living expenses, housing, health care and food from the zoo? How long can we be expected, as a society, to fund the leisured lifestyle of these do-nothing, good-for-nothing, lazy animals....which, may I remind you, contribute nothing to society. Nothing. No art or literature or music. Nothing.

How can parties....oh they meant health and well-being?....well, then, nothing to see here. Move along.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#7    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I didn't think this was allowed.

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,779 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Put the humans in the cages and let the animals out.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,466 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 23 July 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

Put the humans in the cages and let the animals out.
We have prisons which do that.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users