Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

National Guard to the Border

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,405 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Tired of waiting for the Feds to step up, Rick Perry has decided to use his powers as Governor of Texas to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas, Mexico border to help stem the flow of illegal aliens.  This is likely just a pre-presidential run stunt IMO, but at least some body is trying to do something.

From the article:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The governor of Texas, a vocal critic of the White House's response to the surge of children and families entering the U.S. illegally, plans to deploy as many as 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border, a lawmaker confirmed Monday.
Gov. Rick Perry, who is mulling a second presidential run after his 2012 bid flamed out in a series of public gaffes, over the weekend questioned President Barack Obama's commitment to securing the border and said Texas would do so if the federal government did not.
State Rep. Terry Canales said he was briefed by his staff Sunday following a conference call with the governor's office, the Texas National Guard and the state Department of Public Safety. Perry's office hasn't commented, but he is scheduled to make the announcement Monday afternoon at the state Capitol in Austin.

Read more here

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

Lets see how long he can pay for it (beyond the novelty effect).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,636 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

It'll be cheaper than what all the illegals will cost.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 July 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

It'll be cheaper than what all the illegals will cost.

I tend to doubt that, we are not talking about millions of people crossing over the Texas border. Alone the one day activation for the papal visit in San Antonio (1987) cost $102,117. Add inflation and you will have a good per diem.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Too little, too late. The damage has been done, time to manage it. Should impeach Obama, then fine and shamed both George W. Bush and Obama for neglecting their duty to the nation for political gain. Set an example for the next president. Protect our borders or face the same fate.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 21 July 2014 - 07:11 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,636 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

HOUSTON, Texas--The U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 that includes $5.508 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement operations. Included in that amount is more than $87 million for the transportation of illegal immigrants--most often via plane--from the U.S.-Mexico border to federal facilities around the nation.

http://www.breitbart...liens-Around-US

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

IF Perry finds a way to keep those numbers there for a long while, or if they become too effective too quickly I would expect Oby to impede his use of them legally (or illegally) by some executive mechanism.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

View Postand then, on 21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

IF Perry finds a way to keep those numbers there for a long while, or if they become too effective too quickly I would expect Oby to impede his use of them legally (or illegally) by some executive mechanism.

He can always nationalize the guard.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#9    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 July 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

HOUSTON, Texas--The U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 that includes $5.508 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement operations. Included in that amount is more than $87 million for the transportation of illegal immigrants--most often via plane--from the U.S.-Mexico border to federal facilities around the nation.

That is pennies compared to what America spends on other things.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 July 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Well, that would be about $12.5 billion less than during FY 2012, guess Texas will need to deploy some National Guard to make up their part of the missing billions....

about me

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,405 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 21 July 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

That is pennies compared to what America spends on other things.
I need to correct you.  That is pennies compared to what America borrows on other things.

#12    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,354 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

I'm fine with him spending state money to build his own fence if he wants it too.  Not that I think that neither the national guard nor a fence would solve the illegal immigration problem.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

View PostGromdor, on 21 July 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'm fine with him spending state money to build his own fence if he wants it too.  Not that I think that neither the national guard nor a fence would solve the illegal immigration problem.
Actually G I think it could.  It hasn't really been tried so no one knows for sure.  Solving the problem of illegals isn't so difficult if everyone got serious about it.  I'd say everyone's attention will be exquisitely focused the day after a mass casualty event from someone who came in quietly across said border.  It would cost billions and it would require ongoing expense but it can be done.  Of course it could also be accomplished by getting serious about not hiring non citizens.  THAT is the true answer but business people in the states don't like to talk about that...it seems like a dirty little secret.  It gets down to $, will and votes for the whores in congress.
edit:  I want to apologize to all the working girls - I'm sorry to compare hardworking people to those in congress :)

Edited by and then, 21 July 2014 - 10:29 PM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

View Postand then, on 21 July 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Actually G I think it could.  It hasn't really been tried so no one knows for sure.  Solving the problem of illegals isn't so difficult if everyone got serious about it.  I'd say everyone's attention will be exquisitely focused the day after a mass casualty event from someone who came in quietly across said border.  It would cost billions and it would require ongoing expense but it can be done.  Of course it could also be accomplished by getting serious about not hiring non citizens.  THAT is the true answer but business people in the states don't like to talk about that...it seems like a dirty little secret.  It gets down to $, will and votes for the whores in congress.

That is the only key to the problem. As long as some people can make a living being illegal in the country, no matter how high the fence and how many goons you have patrolling along it nothing will change. But that is the part nobody wants to change.

about me

#15    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,354 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Bush built a 700 mile fence starting in 2006.  Eight years later and no one seems to want to publicize how effective it was.  It's not like the data is not there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users