Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When divorce is sweet....

shrooma

after viewing this 'news' item-

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/19/blood-murder-and-black-icing-these-divorce-cakes-kick-wedding-cake-ass-4803625/

-i can't help but feel that there are quite a few men out there who've had a lucky escape.

seeing as all (with one token exception) these cakes were made for women, do you ladies on here feel they're letting the side down, flaunting their bitterness, or do you think they're great role models for their children?

(as with most of my posts, it's meant to be humourous, with maybe a slight us/them quality to it, so please, take it in the spirit it's meant, and keep the rampant sexism locked in the cellar*)

*along with the ex-wife....

• Like 1

I am sure a lot of men would love to send the ex one of those, if he still had any money left to buy one.

• Like 2

I am sure a lot of men would love to send the ex one of those, if he still had any money left to buy one.

as always, you're a stark raving genius!!

• Like 1

as always, you're a stark raving genius!!

Stark raving I have heard many a time, genius? Wow I am hon...onard....honerd.... give me a minute to go to ABC thingy.

• Like 1

Be aware that if the woman is the one with the most money she's going to be the one who loses out financially in divorce.

Frankly, these cakes are in very poor taste. If somone is actually betrayed by someone they loved and trusted then it's unlikely they're going to find divorce to be at all humorous (even dark humor).

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 2

Be aware that if the woman is the one with the most money she's going to be the one who loses out financially in divorce.

except on my case.

i was earning £40,000pa, she was earning £50,000pa, and she cleaned me out.

totally.

but she IS a solicitor.

Frankly, these cakes are in very poor taste. If somone is actually betrayed by someone they loved and trusted then it's unlikely they're going to find divorce to be at all humorous (even dark humor).

mine ran off with the bass player of a band i was in at the time.

i can usually laugh at most things, but it took even me a few years to put it behind me.

to say i was gutted is an understatement-

she split up a damn good band!!

• Like 1

Wow I am hon...onard....honerd.... give me a minute to go to ABC thingy.

aw, c'mon Freet, even dolly parton can spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E, and she's BLONDE!!

:-)

• Like 1

I don't know how divorce works in other countries but in the USA most states are community property/equitable division. This means all the assets get lumped into one pile and divided 50/50. So, if one person contributed more than 50% of the assets they simply lose out (so to speak). Also, children are supposed to be supported by both parents. Now, many men will complain about child support, but seriously if you have kids then you have to support them. I honestly don't quite 'get' why some people think they can 'divorce' their kids!

Edited by Lilly
spelling
  • Like 2

Elljay, Keep in mind that there are UM members as young as 13. Some material is fine for the over 18 crowd, but not so much for young teens.

Elljay, Keep in mind that there are UM members as young as 13. Some material is fine for the over 18 crowd, but not so much for young teens.

13?? oboy,...yeah, well okay. But I did put a PG (parental guidance advisory) on it. But well, well. :)

I didn't even know there was a market for divorce cake. If I had a failed marriage in my hands, I don't think I'd be in the mood for cake but that's me.

• Like 3

Times have changed and in many households the man is no longer the main bread winner, you are right, today there are many more women who are the ones with the most money.

But to then send the ex one of these cakes, is not only bad taste, but extremely spiteful.

Personally if I received a cake like that after a bitter divorce, I would not be taking a chance on eating it, in case it was poisoned, saying that, I wonder if they send the cakes after the assets have been sorted out, or before?

Jeeeze, I do hope I have not given any one any ideas. shock.gif

• Like 1

I think it's just that gals like cake more, and like celebrating with a cake more often. Men probably celebrate too, but are more likely to do things that don't involve ordering up a cake. Maybe go out drinking, have a great dinner, throw a cookout.

I think it's just that gals like cake more,

and THEN some!!

Men probably celebrate too, Maybe go out drinking,

usually for 3-4yrs, but it's not a celebration....

*sob*

I did put a PG (parental guidance advisory) on it.

a whoforWHATnow?!

how d'ya do that elljay??

Those are awesome. I love the problem solved cupcake ones (not keen on the purple icing though)... Love these humorous desserts.

Now, many men will complain about child support, but seriously if you have kids then you have to support them. I honestly don't quite 'get' why some people think they can 'divorce' their kids!

Well said!

I didn't even know there was a market for divorce cake. If I had a failed marriage in my hands, I don't think I'd be in the mood for cake but that's me.

Believe me, it's not just you, mate! :whistle: