Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

scary books

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:55 PM

I live for horror movies and books, so not much scares me. The creepier the better for me. I read a lot of John Saul books, some are creepy, and some just get you thinking, like, "What would happen if this were true?"

When it comes to movies, "The Others" creeped me out a little. But I live for giant creature movies, like, "Anaconda", "Deep Blue Sea", and stuff like that. What if creatures of that size really existed??  Now thats a scary thought.                                                  

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#17    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 29 September 2003 - 02:17 AM

The Woman In Black by Susan Hill is quite scary, as are the stage and TV adaptations.

The Turn of the Screw, Henry James, has its moments.

I particularly like short stories of the supernatural kind; J Sheridan Lefanu, M R James and Edith Wharton, E A Poe, Saki.

#18    Rakshasas

Rakshasas

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• Wicked Witch

Posted 29 September 2003 - 09:09 PM

I loved Phantoms the book is really creepy although they massacred it as a movie.

I write horror and personally I find the mind to be the scariest place of all.

Live well...laugh often..love much

#19    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:06 PM

Pull my own chain, but Iím actually a horror writer, and my first book will be out in 2 months, published by Lightning Books, and will be available throughout America and Canada, called THE SOUL REAPERS- the human harvest has begun. By Glen Johnson (thatís me, lol)
Itís a horror story with a twist. Hereís the book synopsis:

Patrick Knightís life turns chaotic when he starts receiving an unexpected series of reanimated visitors, each departing a fragment of a message. A tale unfolds, as old as time itself, relating humanities darkest untold secrets Ė the biblical story from the Devils point of view. Knightís mind becomes unhinged, he repeatedly finds himself covered in blood. Suddenly he becomes a fugitive from the authorities, wanted in connection to multiple killings. But he doesnít travel alone, death and destruction precedes him. Whole villages are eerily silent, corpsesí littering the streets, as a new plague from an unimaginable source starts to sweep the globe. At an old farmhouse Knight comes face to face with mankindís worst nightmare. Buried in a field is the answer to all the riddles that climaxes in a terrifying twist.

Of course, Iím not sure if I should be using this site to give my book free publicity, but itís just you were chatting about horror, scary books, and thatís how I make a living! Hope I havenít stepped over the line? rolleyes.gif

#20    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 06 October 2003 - 02:22 PM

who here has read the books, "stormbreaker" or "among the hidden"?

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users