Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman attempts to dine-and-dash

questionmark

BRANDON, Alberta, July 22 (UPI) --A Canadian woman who attempted to dine-and-dash was arrested after she was forced to return to the scene of the crime because she left her purse behind.

Kyla Anne MacMillan had to return to an Alberta pub after skipping out on a $160 bar tab that she had rung up with two female friends. After bailing on the bill, MacMillan returned to the bar because she had left her purse containing her medication.

MacMillan's hefty tab included a pitcher of beer, chicken wings, nachos and 23 shots. According to the tab, the ladies slugged down six shots of tequila, 10 B-52s, six Dirty Hookers and one vodka shooter, the Star reported.

Guess that proves again that you don't have to be an idiot to attempt at crime... but it sure makes it more likely

• Like 3

Couldn't she just have gotten some free rubbing alcohol via the free universal health care system of Canada?

• Like 1

People are ridiculous, reminds me of a show I watched a long time ago, can't exactly remember the name of the show. I just remember the premise of the story, I believe three male individuals swam across a river to break into the rear of a home, they removed their wet clothing in the home, robbed them of their valuables and left behind the wet clothing. The wet clothing of course contained all of their wallets which held all of their identification. I unfortunately have been a victim of a drunken dine and dash prank, during my senior year of High School we had what was called senior campout which was basically a kegger party with tons of alchohol and other substances, after partying all night a bunch of us decided to go to Denny's, I was so tossed I passed out at the table at which point everyone left me there at the table. The waitress woke me up and handed me the bill which was in the $200 range, needless to say I was a bit peeved. I paid the bill and then rightfully collected all the money that was owed to me, it took some investigative skills and a good bit of time to remember exactly who was with me at the restaurant one night but I eventually figured it out. Moral of the story, don't get black out drunk it never works out for the best and you always have a nasty hangover, throw in Denny's food and you have one nasty belly ache.

A "friend" I lived with in South Carolina for a brief time had a daughter who did this kinda thing all the time. At the gas station too. :rolleyes:

No excuse for it. That's just dirty thievery. It's not cute or a prank.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 4

Similar to the story of the burglar who walked his dog in the evenings as an excuse to 'case' likely properties. On one occasion he spotted a half-open window and leaving his dog tied to the railings, made his way into the house. Unfortunately, he was disturbed by the owner and fled, leaving his dog...complete with "If lost - please return to......" details on its collar disc still attached to the fence!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 5

Couldn't she just have gotten some free rubbing alcohol via the free universal health care system of Canada?

If only Medicare works that way.

I used to work at a restaurant (many, many years ago) and remember one incident when some teens tried this- they ended up doing dishes to cover their dinner tab after the cops brought them back to us...dumb kids.

• Like 1