Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell

Grandpa Greenman

I thought it was a joke at first. I don't know why Bill would debate this guy, it is like shooting fish in a barrel

Creationist Ken Ham, who recently debated Bill Nye the Science Guy over the origins of the universe, is calling for an end to the search for extraterrestrial life because aliens probably don't exist -- and if they do, they're going to Hell anyway.

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe," Ham wrote on his blog on Sunday. "This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/22/ken-ham-aliens-go-to-hell_n_5608368.html

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 5

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

Absolutely moronic and furthermore, how utterly disappointing that Bill Nye wastes his time debating with such imbeciles.

• Like 8

There's a reason Ken Ham moved to America, no one in Australia would have him :P

• Like 7

There's a reason Ken Ham moved to America, no one in Australia would have him :P

Take him back.

PLEASE.

• Like 4

So what happened to "saving" those from hell?

He's probably worried the aliens would laugh in his face.

• Like 1

Absolutely moronic and furthermore, how utterly disappointing that Bill Nye wastes his time debating with such imbeciles.

Well, as a play on the old saying: Stupidity will grow as long as the smart men do nothing.

• Like 1

Well... Maybe the aliens would go to hell... After all, they come here... (according to some)...

I myself have HUGE issues with the thought of someone being doomed to an eternity in a fiery hell just for being who they are; and to no control of their own.

• Like 7

If life on other planets received adam.'s curse, then Christ also died for them. And according to the bible those who have never heard ofChrist will not be judged by that standard.

• Like 2

talk about fish in a barrel...

ouch. low hanging fruit Bill... low hanging fruit.

The Ham of God says the Lamb of God has limits to His jurisdiction.

If life on other planets received adam.'s curse, then Christ also died for them. And according to the bible those who have never heard ofChrist will not be judged by that standard.

And you know this...... ??? :alien: How?

• Like 1

Since Adam is a myth, what was the point of Christ's death?
  • Like 4

I just read the actual article, and at no point does Ken Ham actually say aliens will go to hell. What he does say is that aliens cannot attain salvation. So what he's saying is akin to "a dog cannot attain salvation" or "a horse cannot attain salvation", or "a chicken cannot attain salvation". While not familiar with his personal stance on this, I'm going to guess that Ken Ham does not believe that cows and donkeys and sheep are going to hell, but rather they simply cannot ever be "saved" through Jesus.

I could be wrong, of course, but based on what Ken Ham said, this is the way it is.

I thought it was a joke at first. I don't know why Bill would debate this guy, it is like shooting fish in a barrel

We understand more and more about our world/universe on a daily basis. As we do this, Ham and his ilk are backed further and further into the corner thus forcing their views to become more and more extreme. While we joke about it now, I worry about what that extremism will breed in the coming decades as religion struggles for relevance in a modern, enlightened world.

I am hopeful that we will finally cast off the last few "gods" just as we have cast off the many thousands that have come before.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 3

And you know this...... ??? :alien: How?

Christ died to remove Adam's curse. Thus everyone affected by that curse would be saved via Christ's sacrifice. As for not being judged by that standard IFL you had not heard about it. That is in the new testimony I don't remember which book.

If there are aliens there is no reason to assume they are a party to the human condition and it's current separation from or relationship to God, ergo, no reason to assume they are in a state of "being born into sin" or in need of salvation. There is nothing to be said for their position and relationship to God because we have zero information about who or what they are, assuming they exist at all and assuming the relationship God has with the human race has anything at all in common with the relationship he has to any other race or the universe at large. It's nonsense to make statements or commentary about God's position on such a matter.

Christ died to remove Adam's curse. Thus everyone affected by that curse would be saved via Christ's sacrifice. As for not being judged by that standard IFL you had not heard about it. That is in the new testimony I don't remember which book.

Actually, the New Testament says nothing of the sort. It does, however, speak of only two types of people - those who have heard the message and accepted it, and those who have heard the message and rejected it. What happens to those who haven't heard the message at all is not mentioned. So we have to turn to non-related passages and guess. Personally I believe such people will get the chance to turn to God when they die, much like those who died before Jesus was born. But some argue otherwise.

There's people that think Jesus was an alien. o.O

This is such a blatantlystupid statement that I think they do this purposely to generate attention for their cause.

• Like 2

There's people that think Jesus was an alien. o.O

Frankly I think the aliens would be kind of p***ed to know that it took god six days to make one single planet and yet the entire rest of the cosmos were created by snapping his fingers, doing the I Dream of Jeanie blink, or something like that.

SPOILER ALERT

Of course this could just be one of hundreds of creation myths which mention a god (take your pick) putting the "lights in the night sky" made up by people who actually thought what they were seeing were just little lights in the sky.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2