Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Toyota's 'Driver Speak Easy'

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Toyota's 'Driver Speak Easy' Lets You Yell At Your Kids From Front Seat

DETROIT - Toyota wants to help you scream at your unruly kids.

The latest version of the company's Sienna minivan has a feature called "Driver Easy Speak." It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent's voice through speakers in the back seats.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5600828.html

I am a bit conflicted on this one. Having spent the last 2 weeks watching my 7 and 5 y-o nephews I can understand the virtue of wanting to scream at children constantly because...ah, that, is, ah, effective? right? ah, right? and does not project the idea that when adults get angry to get their way it is good. but when kids get angry to get their way it is bad. right? wait, huh?

Consider the implications of this technology. People with weak voices and personalities whose children are running riot can be yelled at more effectively. That seems much better than putting some effort into actually parenting the brats. Right?

So the question is what are the implications of shout amplification technology being actively implemented to suppress children's natural state of childlike ecstasy and joy?

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.

William S. Burroughs

#2    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,131 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I think the simplest explanation is that the road and engine noise levels in this vehicle must be particularly bad....

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

And the feature only works one way, so the kids can't talk back. At least not with amplified voices.
http://www.huffingto..._n_5600828.html

Many children do not need anything, but their own voice to make themselves heard.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

These car company's will try any new angle to sell to the consumer...in this case, families with young kids.

The next thing they'll be touting - for restless and noisy kids, is ejection seats B)

~ Never let anyone define who you are ~

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostAstra00, on 23 July 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

These car company's will try any new angle to sell to the consumer...in this case, families with young kids.

The next thing they'll be touting - for restless and noisy kids, is ejection seats B)
i agree.
What ever happened to good old fashion duck tape?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,344 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Just use a trailer - with tie-downs, of course! You don't want to be accused of neglecting safety!

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,713 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I, for one, welcome the first company to provide ejection seats for my road rage needs!

"Stop being a backseat driver!!!" *Whacks red eject button* Wheeee!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users