Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nessie its a monster rollover

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 06 March 2003 - 03:16 AM

THE absence of any dead cert evidence for the Loch Ness Monster has led to bookmaker William Hill holding on to its annual award for the best sighting.
Instead, the 2002 award will be added to this years prize fund.

This is the first time since the award was introduced in 1990 judges have decided not to make an award, although there have been years when no entries were made.
We had a couple of entries this year which unfortunately had no associated photographic or video evidence to support them, William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe explained.
In the past few years, the standards have been so high that it is now only likely that the judges will take hard evidence as proof of a sighting at the loch.

The 2002 prize will be rolled over to 2003, doubling the incentive for Nessie spotters with a 2000 bounty now on offer.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Inverness-Courier                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:50 PM

I just don't believe there's actually anything there.                                                  

Nothing to see here.

#3    wolfsinger

wolfsinger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:23 PM

Somehow I kinda agree with snuffypuffer, but I still have a little faith..... I dont know what to believe!!!!  wacko.gif  wacko.gif                                                  

I've been everywhere and still Im standing tall, I've seen a million faces and I've ROCKED 'EM ALL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users