Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Doctors remove 232 teeth from teen's mouth

aashiq gawai 232 teeth valsavangi

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,374 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

In a rare medical case, a team of doctors at state-run JJ hospital extracted as many as 232 tiny teeth from a 17-year-old boy's mouth in a six-hour long surgery conducted on Monday. Interestingly, doctors claim that the total count of minuscule teeth was far greater than 232, after which they gave up on counting and focussed only on removing them.

http://indianexpress...om-teens-mouth/

Posted Image

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Poor kid. I hope he's feeling better now.

#3    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

*Shudder

Posted Image

#4    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Anyone have any theories why so many bizarre human anomalies are found in India? My personal hypothesis is that historically, these congential disorders resulted in appearances that replicated Hindu gods or devas, so the child afflicted with them would be protected and revered as such. Thoughts?

#5    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

View Postredhen, on 24 July 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Anyone have any theories why so many bizarre human anomalies are found in India? My personal hypothesis is that historically, these congential disorders resulted in appearances that replicated Hindu gods or devas, so the child afflicted with them would be protected and revered as such. Thoughts?
or the fallout from bhopal....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#6    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,412 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Postshrooma, on 24 July 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Or Curry-Coke!
:lol:

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

I suspect you'd find similar rates of abnormalities occurs in many remote/poor/isolated/conservative communities as the village the boy lived in (and also historically in the same), and India itself is not remarkable in this. Perhaps it is only remarkable in that it actually has better reporting of or from those remote communities.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#8    Rhino666

Rhino666

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

The river Ganges doesn't help. Have you seen the number copses floating it on a daily basis. Its one the most polluted used rivers in the world.

#9    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

View Postshrooma, on 24 July 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Nah, these kinds of abnormalities predate industrial chemicals.

#10    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Perhaps it is only remarkable in that it actually has better reporting of or from those remote communities.

That's a possibility. I'm sure cases like this do not get reported in North Korea. Maybe every day is a slow news day in India. Maybe there is a demand for this kind of news? Hmm.

#11    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Research needs to be done to find out how to use this anomaly to our advantage by enabling us to properly regrow lost teeth.

With almost 1 in 5 humans living in India, of course there is going to have a greater percentage of people with such disorders in this country than in most other countries.

Edited by Ashyne, 24 July 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#12    Handguns

Handguns

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Anyone have any theories why so many bizarre human anomalies are found in India?

I would add Mexico too. Especially talking about UFO sighntings and chupakabra.

#13    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostRhino666, on 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

The river Ganges doesn't help. Have you seen the number copses floating it on a daily basis. Its one the most polluted used rivers in the world.

Precisely. I watched a documentary a few years back regarding the Ganges river and I was appalled at how nauseatingly filthy and polluted it was.
Garbage, sewage, bodies of human and animal, etc floating in it and let's not forget the industrial wastes being poured directly into it as well.

People are getting illnesses and skin lesions from being in the water. What really baffles me is that these people call the river "sacred" and claim it is part of their religion or such what yet they sure are not treating it as if it was. (please note that I do not believe in any of their religions, mind you)

Anyways it does seem that regions that are more polluted, have poor healthcare and poor access to clean food and water appear to be more afflicted with maladies and deformities.

#14    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

I wonder just how tiny his teeth were? It's hard to imagine over 230 teeth in one human jaw.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#15    paperdyer

paperdyer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  That general area of the world has some strange s4!t going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users