Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bachmann: Don't count me out for 2016

questionmark

WASHINGTON, July 23 (UPI) --Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is retiring from Congress at the conclusion of this term, but said "there's a chance" she will run for president in 2016.

In an interview with RealClearPolitics Tuesday, Bachmann addressed the question on whether she thought any Republican women would throw their hat into the ring for the presidential election in 2016.

"The only thing that the media has speculated on is that it's going to be various men that are running," she said. "They haven't speculated, for instance, that I'm going to run. What if I decide to run? And there's a chance I could run."

its getting more interesting....

The law suits, criminal investigations, and ethics investigations aren't even over yet from her last attempt.

• Like 1

Sorry, but if this is among the best the GOP has to offer, we can just put a tiny "D" beside the President's name for the next four years.

• Like 1

Me, as a Democrat, would fall on my knees and thank the powers that be if she actually got the nomination. Which, dang it, I don't think will happen. OMG, Palin & Bachmann, a Dem's dream come true. Some of these people are so far to the right of Attila the Hun that almost any Democratic candidate would look appealing by comparison.

Edited by Beany

The GOP nomination is either going to be Rand Paul, Jeb Bush or Chris Christi

I could vote for Rand, not really sure about the other two

Edited by spartan max2

No, no no no no. You guys didn't consult the Hymnbook that every good politician passionately sings from. Michelle Bachmann isn't crazy, she's perfect.

[media=]

[/media]

Me, as a Democrat, would fall on my knees and thank the powers that be if she actually got the nomination. Which, dang it, I don't think will happen. OMG, Palin & Bachmann, a Dem's dream come true. Some of these people are so far to the right of Attila the Hun that almost any Democratic candidate would look appealing by comparison.

This is I think whats most frustrating about the left right paradigm. Aside from some smaller issues, which no one has any chance at changing anyway, Bachmann and 0bama are practically the same person when it comes to political beliefs. They both work for the same people, and support many of the same exact things. Not one of them good by any stretch of the imagination. They are both war mongers. Are both down with the NSA spying on everyone. Both want everyone terrified of domestic terrorism. Both down with the TSA, indefinite detention, bailouts. Mysteriously she, along with 99% of republicans dont seem to have much of a problem with 0bama intentionaly bringing in hundreds of thousands of illegals. Im guessing the NSA and blackmail has alot to do with republican silence on that issue. ECT ECT ECT.

Yet somehow both republicans and democrates have been convinced that these 2 are polar oposites of each other. It would be funny, if it wasnt so harmful.

This is I think whats most frustrating about the left right paradigm. Aside from some smaller issues, which no one has any chance at changing anyway, Bachmann and 0bama are practically the same person when it comes to political beliefs. They both work for the same people, and support many of the same exact things. Not one of them good by any stretch of the imagination. They are both war mongers. Are both down with the NSA spying on everyone. Both want everyone terrified of domestic terrorism. Both down with the TSA, indefinite detention, bailouts. Mysteriously she, along with 99% of republicans dont seem to have much of a problem with 0bama intentionaly bringing in hundreds of thousands of illegals. Im guessing the NSA and blackmail has alot to do with republican silence on that issue. ECT ECT ECT.

Yet somehow both republicans and democrates have been convinced that these 2 are polar oposites of each other. It would be funny, if it wasnt so harmful.

I think there are bigger more important differences, but I'm with you, the state of politics in this country is deplorable. I find the only thing I can do is laugh about it: it's a tragi-comedy. As for war mongering, it was the Bush administration that got us into two wars, a Bush that got us into Desert Storm, another Republican that got us into Greneda, there's a reason why the Republicans are called hawks.

• Like 1

I hid the photo of Bachman with the corn dog or whatever it was. For obvious reasons. As a woman, I've seen way too many of that kind of image, and none of them were meant to be flattering. Whatever I think of Bachman, she doesn't deserve that.

• Like 1

ok...whatever

It's funny....i don't get why you shielded Marcus though...he's crazier than a football bat...

And no...I will not "like" being censored...Q-mark is a loon for liking what you did

Chick is goofy....is this better?

Michele-Bachmann_loon_zpse5124751.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah65

I think there are bigger more important differences, but I'm with you, the state of politics in this country is deplorable. I find the only thing I can do is laugh about it: it's a tragi-comedy. As for war mongering, it was the Bush administration that got us into two wars, a Bush that got us into Desert Storm, another Republican that got us into Greneda, there's a reason why the Republicans are called hawks.

No doubt republicans are war mongers. And up till recently, you could say that dems were less likely to wage war. But if 0bama had his way, he would have started another war in Syria. In fact, before he is done, I think he's gonna do just that anyway. NTM, countries like Lybia, Yeman, and Pakistan, that he has bombed several times with no declaration of war. Killing women and children in the process. He advanced the war in Afgan, making it now the longest war in US history, with no clear goal, and no end in site. He even declared the war on terror has no boundries, and that the entire world is a war zone, including his own country. He is the first American president who openly kills American citizens with no due process. Has the military training to wage war directly against returning vets, gun owners, Christians, and basically anyone who politically differs from his ideology. He has continued and advanced things like the patriot act, and NDAA. The guy is clearly owned by the military industrial complex. Heck he has even commited acts of war against Russia through sanctions. I dont see how he is any less a war monger then Bush was. If not more so.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

to be fair its not exactly women related. Rick Perry, I believe also has a picture of him gracefully eating a corn dog

• Like 1

The old saying used to be that Democrats start wars and Republicans end them...that was true up till Dubya....

We were warned about the MIC years ago and guess what?...we didn't listen...

• Like 1

to be fair its not exactly women related. Rick Perry, I believe also has a picture of him gracefully eating a corn dog

True strike....

bachmann_perry_corn_dog.jpg

True strike....

bachmann_perry_corn_dog.jpg

quite, quite, but you won't tell me you missed the "subtle differences" in the images and the image they make in the brain, will ya?

quite, quite, but you won't tell me you missed the "subtle differences" in the images and the image they make in the brain, will ya?

No I won't. It is what it is and folks are totally free to think whatever they want.

Michele Bachman and her "odd" husband are the epitome of "pot meet kettle"...

potkettleblack_zpsb0d28fcc.jpeg

she and her hubbie have gleaned huge money in farm subsidies over the years and she walks onto a podium and condemns social safety nets....I really do not like this chick....at all...if I can point out the ugly side of her...I will whenever the opportunity comes up...if it happens to be a less than graceful shot of her eating a weiner on a stick...I will use it.

This lady is poison....anyone that listens to her and embraces her thoughts really needs to have their head checked....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2