Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul ...

keithisco

I just don't know what to say without the profanity filters at UM going into overdrive...

The militant group Islamic State (Isis) has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq's northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations says.

Source, The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/isis-women-girls-fgm-mosul-un

• Like 3

Disgusting, cowardly, evil scum.

• Like 2

What madness. Now there is a war on women, a real, no ****e war on their mothers, sisters and daughters in the name of some magic being in the sky. Join the freakin'n 20th century you bronze age morons.

• Like 3

I just watched a video the other day of ISIS members forcing an Iraqi Christian to convert, then they put a Machete to his throat.

Muslims say this is not Islam, but the words are in the Quran to inspire.The Hadiths which they are split on following which ones are even worse.

Here's a short interview with an Atheist Muslim (makes sense when you watch it) on the contradictions of Islam.

• Like 1

I just don't know what to say without the profanity filters at UM going into overdrive...

Source, The Guardian: http://www.theguardi...ls-fgm-mosul-un

As per German media, this story seems to be a hoax spreaded via twitter.

So lets cross fingers.

Ah ISIS as forward thinking and progressively minded as a medieval society.

FGM, the partial or total removal of external female genitalia, is a tradition practised widely in many African and Muslim countries and often justified as a means of suppressing a woman's sexual desire to prevent "immoral" behaviour.

Besides if ISIS wants help suppressing female sexual desire all they need to do is use the freedom of information act to get nude photos of me from the NSA........

• Like 3

Ah ISIS as forward thinking and progressively minded as a medieval society.

FGM, the partial or total removal of external female genitalia, is a tradition practised widely in many African and Muslim countries and often justified as a means of suppressing a woman's sexual desire to prevent "immoral" behaviour.

Bubbly, I agree with the locales, but the reason...? where did you get that? FGM was first really brought to light in the US during the Clinton administration. Hillary went to Africa to "preach" to some women from the several (30+?) nations that practice FGM.

At one point in Hilary's impassioned lecture, an angry African woman stood up and said, "Mrs. Clinton, get out of Africa!"

The reason these women state - from what I could see, to justify FGM is, the women want to be "clean". It means so much to them.

Besides if ISIS wants help suppressing female sexual desire all they need to do is use the freedom of information act to get nude photos of me from the NSA........

lol, SHOO-ah :--)

As per German media, this story seems to be a hoax spreaded via twitter.

So lets cross fingers.

The best I can find on the Interweb is that this is not a Twitter led hoax. Some reports are saying that the Fatwa was issued a year ago, but never received international publicity.

If you have any links I would be interested to follow this up.

Bubbly, I agree with the locales, but the reason...? where did you get that? FGM was first really brought to light in the US during the Clinton administration. Hillary went to Africa to "preach" to some women from the several (30+?) nations that practice FGM.

At one point in Hilary's impassioned lecture, an angry African woman stood up and said, "Mrs. Clinton, get out of Africa!"

The reason these women state - from what I could see, to justify FGM is, the women want to be "clean". It means so much to them.

Really? Why should ANY woman feel dirty if she does not have her external genitalia removed???.. and at what age are children able to make an informed choice? Heck... I strongly suspect it is a ruse by Dirty Old Men in Rain-coats to do some "Socially Acceptable" Kiddy fiddling. <_< <_<

• Like 1

lol, SHOO-ah :--)

Well at least that's what the men told them to say - if the story is even accurate that is.

Some of the strongest voices against FGM are from women in the countries that practice it.

• Like 1

This may be true in countries that actively practice the custom, among a certain group, but it is not practiced in relatively modern Iraq which had been educating their women, so you can imagine the horror this would engender to those receiving the orders. I'm not sure I am buying it as real but it sisn't outlandish considering teh thuggery these animals practice daily.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

The best I can find on the Interweb is that this is not a Twitter led hoax. Some reports are saying that the Fatwa was issued a year ago, but never received international publicity.

If you have any links I would be interested to follow this up.

Have found it in English:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28466434

I've never seen such a disgusting post in my entire life.

Well... apart from the one about the lobsters, but that is a different story.

Earl of Trumps.... I'm giving you an opportunity to express your hatred for this disgusting mutilation.

If you do NOT express it - in entirely unequivocal terms . .. then.. well... You are not the man I thought you where.

In fact... I would not consider you a human being, let alone a man, and will treat you accordingly.

Over to YOU, Earl of Trumps.

I just KNOW you are going to do the right thing.

• Like 2

What madness. Now there is a war on women, a real, no ****e war on their mothers, sisters and daughters in the name of some magic being in the sky. Join the freakin'n 20th century you bronze age morons.

Way to liberate the Middle East, 21st century neocons.

***Mission Failed***

I've never seen such a disgusting post in my entire life.

Well... apart from the one about the lobsters, but that is a different story.

Earl of Trumps.... I'm giving you an opportunity to express your hatred for this disgusting mutilation.

If you do NOT express it - in entirely unequivocal terms . .. then.. well... You are not the man I thought you where.

In fact... I would not consider you a human being, let alone a man, and will treat you accordingly.

Over to YOU, Earl of Trumps.

I just KNOW you are going to do the right thing.

You have to be careful here because there are many countries that the women do exactly what EoT has said. Barbaric, horrible beyond comprehension and evil. No other word fits but evil. An act beyond our western comprehension but that is irrelevant to these people. They enslave and mutilate their daughters in the name of Allah and not a peep from our western feminists.

When people in the USA cry war on women all I ever thought of was this nightmare, yet it has been ignored by our leftists. Why? Why doesn't Sandra Fluke, the 36 year old law student who wants America to pay for her pills, speak up here? Because she doesn't care. No western feminist movement speaks out against this terrible act. I guess if Christians were mutilating their baby girls these heroic women would be out in force.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

My penis was mutilated when I was little for religious reasons too. The difference is, I wasn't forced to do it.

It's the force that's "disgusting, horrible, beyond comprehension, cowardly, evil, and scum."

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I was cut without having any choice in the matter. The decision was made for me. But like abortion, when someone is too young to even know what other people are doing to their bodies, it's okay!

It's not disgusting, or evil, or horrible or beyond comprehension, because we do it! We're cutting boys, the appropriate gender!

Yeah.

Whether this story is true or not, what's Obama done wrong with Iraq, Merc14? What's the new policy idea from the right wing hall of justice to solve this problem? Haven't had one complaint from you on "your President" on my thread on the US Politics board. Did the earth suddenly shift on its axis and on Middle East policy, you approve of BO? Other than more troops in Iraq which is the save-all answer for every problem in Iraq, I mean is there anything else that we've had over a decade to think of?

My penis was mutilated when I was little for religious reasons too. The difference is, I wasn't forced to do it.

It's the force that's "disgusting, horrible, beyond comprehension, cowardly, evil, and scum."

Well my wee-wee was chopped up to prevent m********ion and to somehow make it cleaner.

And yes, my infant self was not consulted in any way. The only good part about it was that my parents did not present me with a bill for my circumcision after I rewarded with my first pay check.

And to be fair, I only lost 60-80% of the most densely nerve rich skin on my body, but hey, it is how it was done.

However, I justify it as my mother trying to fool god into thinking we are his chosen people rather than Irishmen.

Still,I don't relish or otherwise enjoy the thought of girls and adult women being butchered for no other reason than they might accidentally enjoy sex.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

Yeah I can still enjoy sex, so. yeah, death to those evil cowards over there! :D

This mutilation practice is horrible but only because it's forced. To me the outrage here is forcing people. Conversely, if someone doesn't want to enjoy sex anymore for whatever reason, they shouldn't be viewed as outcasts because they're not doing it for cleanlier or ...Christianier reasons. :unsure:

For information:

FGM is usually performed by professional circumcisers, women who are enjoying a high reputation in their societies. It is also performed by traditional midwives and occasionally by healers, barbers or nurses or doctors trained in Western medicine. The procedure is usually performed without anaesthetic and under catastrophic hygienic circumstances. Knives, scissors, razor blades or pieces of broken glass are used as instruments among others

Source: http://www.desertflowerfoundation.org/en/what-is-fgm/