Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iowa town encourages residents to 'Wipe Local

questionmark

ELDRIDGE, Iowa, July 24 (UPI) --An Iowa town is hoping to ensure that its local economy doesn't get flushed away by encouraging residents to buy local products.

Specifically, community leaders in Eldridge want citizens to stock their bathrooms with locally-purchased toilet paper.

In order to help promote local businesses that sell toilet paper, the "Wipe Local" initiative, the first portion of a three-part campaign, has been launched.

Righto! If we already buy the cars from Japan, the Iphones from China and the PC from Taiwan at least we have to support our local economy by keeping us clean, yes siree Bob... ya betcha!

• Like 4

lol I'm in des moines and never heard of this, talking bout wiping the slate clean :)

• Like 2

What's made in Iowa, stays in Iowa! (Which may be a good thing)

• Like 2

What's made in Iowa, stays in Iowa! (Which may be a good thing)

You would have to do without the best tractors in the world.

• Like 1

But it says " locally-purchased toilet paper." so does that mean that the people round there cross states to buy their toilet paper?

Now if it had said buy locally manufactured toilet paper, I would understand, buy it does not.

• Like 3

But it says " locally-purchased toilet paper." so does that mean that the people round there cross states to buy their toilet paper?

Now if it had said buy locally manufactured toilet paper, I would understand, buy it does not.

Not quite, but laziness in forming longer sentences always leads to misunderstandings.... :whistle:

• Like 1

Make it a chocolate ex-lax/toilet paper combo and you'll see your productivity double!

http://www.ora.tv/wtfark/the-great-wipe-hype-iowa-town-urges-citizens-to-wipe-local-as-in-their-butts-with-toilet-paper-0_3rr4bl2mu2jrhttp://www.ora.tv/wt...-0_3rr4bl2mu2jr

Not quite, but laziness in forming longer sentences always leads to misunderstandings.... :whistle:

i found this, sane theory, but better said...

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

The job's not done until the paperwork is finish.

I wonder if its recycled, to keep it in the state border.

I think it's an effort to get people to shop locally, not drive down the road to what I'm assuming are much bigger towns.

I think it's an effort to get people to shop locally, not drive down the road to what I'm assuming are much bigger towns.

A larger town is quite a way from Eldridge though.

I can understand that, but toilet paper? I can think of more appealing things, like carrots and potatoes. :w00t: