Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Iowa town encourages residents to 'Wipe Local

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,330 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

UPI said:

ELDRIDGE, Iowa, July 24 (UPI) --An Iowa town is hoping to ensure that its local economy doesn't get flushed away by encouraging residents to buy local products.

Specifically, community leaders in Eldridge want citizens to stock their bathrooms with locally-purchased toilet paper.

In order to help promote local businesses that sell toilet paper, the "Wipe Local" initiative, the first portion of a three-part campaign, has been launched.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/O.../#ixzz38PKqulR4

Righto! If we already buy the cars from Japan, the Iphones from China and the PC from Taiwan at least we have to support our local economy by keeping us clean, yes siree Bob... ya betcha!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

lol I'm in des moines and never heard of this, talking bout wiping the slate clean :)

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,713 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

What's made in Iowa, stays in Iowa!  (Which may be a good thing)

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostEldorado, on 24 July 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

What's made in Iowa, stays in Iowa!  (Which may be a good thing)

You would have to do without the best tractors in the world.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,214 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

But it says " locally-purchased toilet paper." so does that mean that the people round there cross states to buy their toilet paper?
Now if it had said buy locally manufactured toilet paper, I would understand, buy it does not.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 July 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

But it says " locally-purchased toilet paper." so does that mean that the people round there cross states to buy their toilet paper?
Now if it had said buy locally manufactured toilet paper, I would understand, buy it does not.

Not quite, but laziness in forming longer sentences always leads to misunderstandings.... :whistle:

about me

#7    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Make it a chocolate ex-lax/toilet paper combo and you'll see your productivity double!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,214 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

http://www.ora.tv/wt...-0_3rr4bl2mu2jrhttp://www.ora.tv/wt...-0_3rr4bl2mu2jr

View Postquestionmark, on 24 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Not quite, but laziness in forming longer sentences always leads to misunderstandings.... :whistle:
i found this, sane theory, but better said...

Edited by freetoroam, 24 July 2014 - 08:09 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,883 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

The job's not done until the paperwork is finish.
I wonder if its recycled, to keep it in the state border.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#10    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,493 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 July 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

I think it's an effort to get people to shop locally, not drive down the road to what I'm assuming are much bigger towns.

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

View Postsupervike, on 24 July 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

I think it's an effort to get people to shop locally, not drive down the road to what I'm assuming are much bigger towns.

A larger town is quite a way from Eldridge though.

about me

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,214 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

View Postsupervike, on 24 July 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

I can understand that, but toilet paper? I can think of more appealing things, like carrots and potatoes. :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users