Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

90% of human DNA 'does nothing'

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

The Guardian said:

More than 90% of human DNA is doing nothing very useful, and large stretches may be no more than biological baggage that has built up over years of evolution, Oxford researchers claim.

The scientists arrived at the figure after comparing the human genome with the genetic makeup of other mammals, ranging from dogs and mice to rhinos and horses.

The researchers looked for sections of DNA that humans shared with the other animals, which split from our lineage at different points in history. When DNA is shared and conserved across species, it suggests that it does something valuable.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

For years my chief rebuttal has been "Oh yeah, well you only use 10% of your DNA".

Thank you science for vindicating me again.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#3    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,131 posts

• You program reality. Now Do It.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I wonder what would happen if you stripped the useless dna out of a person. What exactly would be left?

My gummy bear died. My unicorn ran away. My imaginary friend was kidnapped. The voices in my head won't talk to me. Oh No! I'm going sane.

What you thought about yesterday created today, what you think about today will create tomorrow, be careful what you think.

#4    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,287 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 24 July 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

I wonder what would happen if you stripped the useless dna out of a person. What exactly would be left?

Humor mode activate!

Why only the 10% that they actually need to code proteins, you big old silly goose.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,761 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm skeptical. Our body tends to use most of everything even if we don't understand what yet

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 24 July 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm skeptical. Our body tends to use most of everything even if we don't understand what yet

If those who claim that evolution is not about beings but about genetically preserving traits once acquired it does have a use... just not an immediate one.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

not suprising really when you consider that 90% of humans do nothing....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#8    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,716 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Postshrooma, on 25 July 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

not suprising really when you consider that 90% of humans do nothing....

Leaving the other 10% of us to do everything!  Give me convenience or give me death!

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,245 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

And down at the bottom of the article, if anyone read that far, it says:

But other scientists take a broader view of what it means for DNA to be functional. Most of the 92% that Lunter's group says is not functional DNA is still active in some way in the body.

"Many [DNA] elements that play important roles in human disease are not evolutionarily conserved. Some of these have human-specific functions, some are involved in late-onset diseases like Alzheimer's, and others are simply missed by current comparative genomics methods," said Manolis Kellis, a computational biologist at MIT who was not involved in the study. "We cannot simply ignore the remaining 90% of the genome that is not evolutionarily conserved."

"Evolution can tell you whether something is important or not important, but it doesn't tell you what that something actually does," he added.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#10    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I have a theory that DNA is much more than we understand, and that each one of us is, ultimately, nothing but a propagation mechanism for DNA.

#11    Duchess Gummybuns

Duchess Gummybuns

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• I would like to believe, but the Government covers it up as a weather balloon.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Less than 10%?

Boy, do I feel special now.

#12    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,131 posts

• You program reality. Now Do It.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Then here's a screwed up question. If you dumped a body on a potential life supporting planet would the rot and decay of that corpse create life on that planet? I mean your corpse and it's genetic makeup are breaking down on this world and hopefully in a body of water. You'll have to forgive me I just get random ideas sometimes.

My gummy bear died. My unicorn ran away. My imaginary friend was kidnapped. The voices in my head won't talk to me. Oh No! I'm going sane.

What you thought about yesterday created today, what you think about today will create tomorrow, be careful what you think.

#13    loki720

loki720

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• One cannot say another is wrong unless they themselves have been proven right - anon

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

I personally beleive its all there for a reason...but give it some time...the mystics will be in soon to tell you exactly what the extra is there for.

#14    mickeymudge

mickeymudge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

LOL, I just love it when peeps claim this is just something from evolution with no proof. I personally solved this years ago. The human genome project findings were published back in the early to mid 80's. The findings are public knowledge. Understanding those findings hasn't been necessarily easy for all aspects of it. However, I had a major break through starting in 2009, and my work is ongoing. Currently some of my work and findings can be viewed **SNIP**

**Do not ignore:  1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.**

In a nutshell, I have over nine doctors, and about twenty other scientists, authors, researchers, and many others that all support my findings. God was NOT our real creator, he was an alien abductor, and yes I even prove with found documentation where this is found. This is my work by the way.  He used DNA manipulation to punish us, dumb us down, and even remove natural abilities from us. We used to have telepathy, but lost it in the tower of babel, we all used to have the ability to remote view, and be privy to telepathic conversations from afar, as stated in Isaiah 6:10> These findings are all redundantly backed up with not only the bible, but people today that still have some of these and other lost abilities. God really did a number on us.

The 98% junk DNA that this article is about, is based on the dormant DNA, that is merely switched off. You see, back in the biblical times, you had an option to be healed. Here is a copy of Isaiah...

Isaiah's Commission from the Lord

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” 9 And he said, “Go, and say to this people:

“‘Keep on hearing,[c] but do not understand;
keep on seeing,[d] but do not perceive.’
10 Make the heart of this people dull,[e]
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”[sic]

The last sentence makes it clear that God is admittedly making us sick, as he indicates, turn and be healed.
Keep on hearing but do not understand, is paired because the two abilities could be identified as the close to the same. Understanding turns out to be telepathy. It's not like a spoken language because it's before that learned ability, and it's universal amongst all humanoids.
In this case whats not obvious is that it pertains to the usage of perceive, or remote viewing, that also makes us privy to any telepathic conversations within that vision.
Make the heart of this people dull can only be understood as being sad from missing those abilities.
Ears heavy, as we hear with our ears, and blind our eyes, lest we see with our eyes, is creating more focus on those remaining abilities.

My understanding of this is confirmed by the fact that there is mention of over 100 visions documented in the bible, again confirmed by the fact that a rare few here on earth still have it, and in fact have been employed by our government as spies.

These abilities I'm certain would take up billions of DNA. In order for god to allow us the option of being able to get our abilities back, there is no way he could physically remove them from our species. They are intertwined with our creation. The rare people that do still have these abilities are never found to have any special physical feature out of the norm. It's because once again, it's in the DNA. That dormant DNA is our abilities. Read my website in it's entirety and see for yourself. There are too many people, and to many things not related that all point to our DNA being the problem.

Edited by aquatus1, 26 July 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#15    loki720

loki720

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• One cannot say another is wrong unless they themselves have been proven right - anon

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

View Postmickeymudge, on 25 July 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

LOL, I just love it when peeps claim this is just something from evolution with no proof. I personally solved this years ago. The human genome project findings were published back in the early to mid 80's. The findings are public knowledge. Understanding those findings hasn't been necessarily easy for all aspects of it. However, I had a major break through starting in 2009, and my work is ongoing. Currently some of my work and findings can be viewed **** ignore *****.wix. ignore com/ ignore ****

In a nutshell, I have over nine doctors, and about twenty other scientists, authors, researchers, and many others that all support my findings. God was NOT our real creator, he was an alien abductor, and yes I even prove with found documentation where this is found. This is my work by the way.  He used DNA manipulation to punish us, dumb us down, and even remove natural abilities from us. We used to have telepathy, but lost it in the tower of babel, we all used to have the ability to remote view, and be privy to telepathic conversations from afar, as stated in Isaiah 6:10> These findings are all redundantly backed up with not only the bible, but people today that still have some of these and other lost abilities. God really did a number on us.

The 98% junk DNA that this article is about, is based on the dormant DNA, that is merely switched off. You see, back in the biblical times, you had an option to be healed. Here is a copy of Isaiah...

Isaiah's Commission from the Lord

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me." 9 And he said, "Go, and say to this people:

"'Keep on hearing,[c] but do not understand;
keep on seeing,[d] but do not perceive.'
10 Make the heart of this people dull,[e]
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."[sic]

The last sentence makes it clear that God is admittedly making us sick, as he indicates, turn and be healed.
Keep on hearing but do not understand, is paired because the two abilities could be identified as the close to the same. Understanding turns out to be telepathy. It's not like a spoken language because it's before that learned ability, and it's universal amongst all humanoids.
In this case whats not obvious is that it pertains to the usage of perceive, or remote viewing, that also makes us privy to any telepathic conversations within that vision.
Make the heart of this people dull can only be understood as being sad from missing those abilities.
Ears heavy, as we hear with our ears, and blind our eyes, lest we see with our eyes, is creating more focus on those remaining abilities.

My understanding of this is confirmed by the fact that there is mention of over 100 visions documented in the bible, again confirmed by the fact that a rare few here on earth still have it, and in fact have been employed by our government as spies.

These abilities I'm certain would take up billions of DNA. In order for god to allow us the option of being able to get our abilities back, there is no way he could physically remove them from our species. They are intertwined with our creation. The rare people that do still have these abilities are never found to have any special physical feature out of the norm. It's because once again, it's in the DNA. That dormant DNA is our abilities. Read my website in it's entirety and see for yourself. There are too many people, and to many things not related that all point to our DNA being the problem.

And off we go

Edited by aquatus1, 26 July 2014 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users