Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Life In Occupied Palestine


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:15 AM



Anna Baltzer, a Jewish American with the IWPS, documents the human rights abuses perpetrated by the Israelis.

A wonderfully moving introduction to the plight of the Palestinians, in simple, everyday terms, with a captivating narration by eyewitness Anna Baltzer. Anna Baltzer, a Jewish-American Columbia graduate and Fulbright scholar, presents her discoveries as a volunteer with the International Women's Peace Service in the West Bank, documenting human rights abuses and supporting Palestinian-led nonviolent resistance to the Occupation. Baltzer's presentation provides those interested in the Israel/ Palestine conflict with critical information and documentation that can be difficult to obtain through mainstream Western media sources, and to encourage dialog towards taking action on the issue. Topics discussed include checkpoints, settlements, Israeli activism, Zionism, 1948 War & refugees, censorship, the Wall, the ongoing annexation of Palestinian land, and the almost unbearable living conditions under the occupation. The grand-daughter of Holocaust refugees, Baltzer works to address the injustices of today in light of those of the past. She is the author of the book Witness in Palestine.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#2    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Everybody should take the time to watch this video,a friend sent me the link to this last year.Its rather damning to see a Jewish woman highlighting the human rights abuse that Christian Zionists attempt to defend


#3    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

If Americans had to suffer even for three days what Gazans have suffered for seven years....I don't think any American has the intellect to truly imagine - even imagine- such a thing without their heads exploding.   Including me.

And so these American enablers take the easy way out, ignorance is bliss.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#4    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK, Midlands

  • Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

I would respectively suggest that if Americans had to suffer for three days what Israeli's have had to suffer for Seventy years, then Gaza and the West Bank would be the 51st and 52nd States respectively, and the Palestinians would be a footnote in history.

Energy is contagious
Enthusiasm spreads
Tides respond to lunar gravitation
Everything turns in synchronous relation

#5    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Heres an interesting article by a Jewish peace campaigner

Israel is bombing densely populated areas. Its warnings to civilians have been inadequate and ineffective. A video shows Israel bombing a home 57 seconds after a warning was given — not enough time to escape the blast. Israel told 100,000 Palestinians to evacuate their homes at once — an impossible task in a war zone.

It gives food for thought to people convinced Israel is trying to minimise casualties

http://www.courier-j...-gaza/13159377/


#6    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,590 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

View Postdr no, on 26 July 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Heres an interesting article by a Jewish peace campaigner

Israel is bombing densely populated areas. Its warnings to civilians have been inadequate and ineffective. A video shows Israel bombing a home 57 seconds after a warning was given — not enough time to escape the blast. Israel told 100,000 Palestinians to evacuate their homes at once — an impossible task in a war zone.

It gives food for thought to people convinced Israel is trying to minimise casualties

http://www.courier-j...-gaza/13159377/
So Israel should allow their enemies to attempt to kill their citizens with immunity because those enemies hide among civilians?  How does that seem rational to you?  Do you realize that no nation on earth has EVER shown mercy to its enemies to the extent the Jewish state is expected to?  You should read a bit about Coventry and what GB did to Germany in the aftermath of it.  Dresden is the best example if I remember correctly.  The cities of Germany were bombed into OBLIVION killing tens of thousands of civilians by BURNING them to death.  So why is it Israel is expected to die as a nation rather than kill the enemies trying to kill it's children?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

View Postand then, on 26 July 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

So Israel should allow their enemies to attempt to kill their citizens with immunity because those enemies hide among civilians?  How does that seem rational to you?  Do you realize that no nation on earth has EVER shown mercy to its enemies to the extent the Jewish state is expected to?  You should read a bit about Coventry and what GB did to Germany in the aftermath of it.  Dresden is the best example if I remember correctly.  The cities of Germany were bombed into OBLIVION killing tens of thousands of civilians by BURNING them to death.  So why is it Israel is expected to die as a nation rather than kill the enemies trying to kill it's children?

I know all about the bombings in World War 2 but the difference is I don't think their was any pretence at not targeting civilians .Israel claims it is minimising civilian deaths in pinpoint operations which is complete rubbish unless you believe 57 secs is a reasonable warning? Where do you expect the civilians to go to avoid the carnage?
Israel has one of the best military forces in the world it is in no danger of dying from the Palestinians in Gaza,the inhabitants of Gaza however are in real danger of death through Israeli "defence" methods


#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,590 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

View Postdr no, on 26 July 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

I know all about the bombings in World War 2 but the difference is I don't think their was any pretence at not targeting civilians .Israel claims it is minimising civilian deaths in pinpoint operations which is complete rubbish unless you believe 57 secs is a reasonable warning? Where do you expect the civilians to go to avoid the carnage?
Israel has one of the best military forces in the world it is in no danger of dying from the Palestinians in Gaza,the inhabitants of Gaza however are in real danger of death through Israeli "defence" methods
That really isn't the fault of the country being rocketed now is it?  See the above.  Israel would have to surrender to Hamas to keep those civilians safe.  Let the world hate them but it's an unjust hatred.  If they surrender and stop before Hamas is broken no matter how many dead children are paraded in front of cameras then they might as well tell their citizens to look for new homes and lives.  It's that BRUTALLY simple.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

And we call ourselves Christians?   If religion has anything to do with this, it's a hundred million cases of blase hypocrisy from amoral, ignorant Americans who go to church on Sundays.

This is fundamental human being 101, Zionists.   If people came into my house and started stealing my front yard and my TV and my computer, I'm with Anna, I'd pick up a lamp and smash their faces in.   Beyond that, I wouldn't suffer any fools who came and told me that "Lamps" aren't politically acceptable weapons.  

Stop pretending to be shocked and amazed at the magnitude of your failure once you start stealing people's lives away. All of this blah-blah-blah about political groups and ethnic groups and religious groups and territorial groups and racial groups and chosen groups and exceptional groups be-damned.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

    BigFoot Whisperer

  • Member
  • 3,245 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2011
  • Location:Planet Elsewhere

  • One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostRoofGardener, on 26 July 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

I would respectively suggest that if Americans had to suffer for three days what Israeli's have had to suffer for Seventy years, then Gaza and the West Bank would be the 51st and 52nd States respectively, and the Palestinians would be a footnote in history.


It's not even bleeping CLOSE!

Would you rather live in Israel, or in a Palestinian "resettlement camp" in Israel, or in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon/Syria/Jordan?

Come on, Gardener!

What's the deathtoll  now, 1400 civilians to ONE?

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~


#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 12,856 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

I think if the Israelis are serious about it, they should say "this is your 24 hour warning. In 24 hours, we're going to start a creeping barrage on one side of the Gaza Strip. It will advance across the entire strip. You have 24 hours to evacuate" and then in one hour "This is your 23 hour warning..." and then bomb the place flat 24 hours to the second after the first warning. If 24 hours isn't long enough, make it 36 or 48. But give warning and carry through with the threat.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 29 July 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

I think if the Israelis are serious about it, they should say "this is your 24 hour warning. In 24 hours, we're going to start a creeping barrage on one side of the Gaza Strip. It will advance across the entire strip. You have 24 hours to evacuate" and then in one hour "This is your 23 hour warning..." and then bomb the place flat 24 hours to the second after the first warning. If 24 hours isn't long enough, make it 36 or 48. But give warning and carry through with the threat.
Advancing across the entire Gaza Strip?   So, then where are they going to evacuate?   Like Jon Stewart asked, are they supposed to swim for it?   But he's a comedian, so you know....you'll have to come up with a real answer.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 12,856 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 July 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Advancing across the entire Gaza Strip?   So, then where are they going to evacuate?   Like Jon Stewart asked, are they supposed to swim for it?   But he's a comedian, so you know....you'll have to come up with a real answer.
Palestine perhaps?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 29 July 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Palestine perhaps?
Why can't you understand Gaza is under siege?  Do you understand what siege means?    Palestine?  Which direction is that, and how the hell do they get there?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 12,856 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 July 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Why can't you understand Gaza is under siege?  Do you understand what siege means? Palestine?  Which direction is that, and how the hell do they get there?
Gaza's the contested land between Israel and Palestine, which means on one side is Israel and the other Palestine.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users