Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jimmy Hoffa's Body: Where do you think it is?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    GigglyRedhead

GigglyRedhead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators.
    ~ Will Rogers.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace from a Detroit restaurant where he was supposed to "settle some funds" but the body was never found.
Now, I don't know much about the case itself but I know enough about how mobsters work. If I were wanting to get rid of him for some reason, I would have found a secure location to kill him and then scatter his body parts in various burial locations. Hence, why a body was never found...they didn't keep it intact.

This is just my theory, though. Got some others?

Posted Image

#2    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Just something ive come across.... Copied and pasted!

Jimmy Hoffa Remains Found? Federal Agents Dig For Body In Suburban Detroit Field [VIDEO]

By Carey Vanderborg@CareyDrew2
on June 17 2013 2:04 PM

Posted Image

Federal agents began digging a up a field in northern Oakland Township Monday in hopes of finding the remains of Jimmy Hoffa. Creative Common

In what has turned into a somewhat of a wild goose chase, federal agents are searching a field in suburban Detroit after a key source said remains of former Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa might be found there.
While the FBI has declined immediate comment on the search in Oakland Township, about 25 miles north of Detroit, Tony Zerilli, a former mobster with ties to the Detroit area, told local station WDIV in February that the FBI had enough information for a search warrant to dig at the site.
Zerilli, who was in prison in 1975 when Hoffa disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant, told WNBC New York in January that the union leader's final resting place is about 20 miles north of the restaurant where he was last seen. According to the former mob boss, Hoffa was buried in a shallow grave and the plan was to move the body at another time, but that never happened.
"Once he was buried here, he was buried, and they let it go,” Zerilli said.      
Despite multiple sources claiming in past years to know the whereabouts of Hoffa’s remains, none have proven to be correct. But when notified back in January of Zerilli’s willingness to come forward, former U.S. Attorney Keith Corbett, who prosecuted organized crime in Detroit for 20 years, suggested to NBC that Zerilli might just be the person who could lead authorities to the body.
“The bureau had a short list of people they wanted to talk to about that, and I can’t think of anybody on that list who was more highly placed than Anthony Zerilli,” Corbett said in an earlier interview with NBC 4.
"This is certainly the most interesting and attractive lead that has come up since I’ve been involved with this -- and I think the bureau would react the same way,” he added.
Federal agents said that while Zerilli has been unwilling to give up any names that might lead to an arrest in the case, he might be one of the few men who actually knows where Hoffa's body was buried.
“Clearly, when he returned he would’ve been a person, based on his position in the hierarchy, who would have been able to learn the facts and circumstances surrounding the disappearance of James Earl Hoffa,” Corbett said.
Although Zerilli has said that he's simply seeking closure for himself and Hoffa’s family, he's also working on a book and has a website, HoffaFound.com, the NBC report said.
“I’d like to just prove to everybody that I’m not crazy," Zerilli said. "And it means a lot to me. What happened happened while I was in jail. And I feel very, very bad about it and it should never have happened to Jim Hoffa. He didn’t deserve what happened to him.”

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#3    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,069 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

While discussing this with somebody some time ago, they seem to think that Hoffa was made into burgers. Sounds really really really gross, but this would show someone really wanted to really get rid of the body in a smart way. :whistle:

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

someone probably fed him to the pigs. they eat everything - bones n all

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,215 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Woodchipper: http://www.huffingto..._n_3479372.html

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I lived in the Detroit area for 10 years.  While I was living there, I visited the location on Telegraph Road Jimmy was last known to be seen (the Red Fox Restaurant) and studied the pictures of the area circa 1975.  In my opinion there is no way a body will be uncovered.  Whether Kuklinski's claim is correct or Zerilli's, there is and was too many viable opportunities to "hide" the body so no one would find it.

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

#7    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,501 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

The most credible story I've heard was by some retired mafia guy saying Hoffa's body was taken to a mafia wrecking yard and crushed inside a car, then the car was shredded. He just seemed he knew what he was talking about.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#8    JVG

JVG

Government Agent

• 4,221 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 25 July 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

The most credible story I've heard was by some retired mafia guy saying Hoffa's body was taken to a mafia wrecking yard and crushed inside a car, then the car was shredded. He just seemed he knew what he was talking about.

Mafia guys retire???

#9    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostLilly, on 25 July 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

Nothing to do with Hoffa, but I found this story when I followed your link. Too funny not to post.

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#10    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,501 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

JVG said:

Mafia guys retire???

Yeah, he was an old guy, been around all his life in the mob. I guess, being an old man, he was excused from active duty. :)

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#11    Lucas North-justiceseeker

Lucas North-justiceseeker

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

More than likely was disposed of in a way where it would never be found. Maybe he was eaten to death by pigs? They did that last year in Italy, it was a big news story.

#12    JVG

JVG

Government Agent

• 4,221 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

Who Said he is dead he may be in the witness protection program for all we know...

#13    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostLucas North-justiceseeker, on 26 July 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

More than likely was disposed of in a way where it would never be found. Maybe he was eaten to death by pigs? They did that last year in Italy, it was a big news story.
that's what i just said!

#14    BrooklynGuy

BrooklynGuy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

• Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostGiggling Panzer, on 25 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace from a Detroit restaurant where he was supposed to "settle some funds" but the body was never found.
Now, I don't know much about the case itself but I know enough about how mobsters work. If I were wanting to get rid of him for some reason, I would have found a secure location to kill him and then scatter his body parts in various burial locations. Hence, why a body was never found...they didn't keep it intact.

This is just my theory, though. Got some others?

No one knows for absolutely sure but Frank Sheeran's account is considered by the FBI and others in LE as the most likely scenario. Hoffa was run through the incinerator in a funeral home after two to the head by Sheeran. No body no crime.  Here's a recent article on the case.  http://www.foxnews.c...ystery-endures/

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain

#15    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,493 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostBrooklynGuy, on 27 July 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

No one knows for absolutely sure but Frank Sheeran's account is considered by the FBI and others in LE as the most likely scenario. Hoffa was run through the incinerator in a funeral home after two to the head by Sheeran. No body no crime.  Here's a recent article on the case.  http://www.foxnews.c...ystery-endures/

Yes, I find that seems most likely.   Cremation also would explain the lack of a body.  
I consider this case closed.  

http://www.foxnews.c...s-hit-on-hoffa/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users