Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

My Review of Mountain Monsters


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

So i have watched the season 2 finale and decided to write an unbiased review of the show. I realize there is already a thread discusiing the show but its 13 pages long and no one will see the post for decent replies lol. :

I find this show be very enjoyable. I have watched other Cryptid hunting shows like Fact or Faked, Destination Truth, Monsterquest, Finding Bigfoot etc., and have noticed that compared to the other shows these guys are more in it for the hunt instead of the hardcore evidence for shows like Destination Truth have presented its viewing audience. In shows like Destination Truth i have often wondered why on Earth Josh and the team have never taken any Rifles along for the ride. Some of these Cryptids live in some of the most hostile locations to modern humans and they go in with just some Thermal Cameras, Cameras, etc.,  No rifles or anything.

Another approach i like about the AIMS team is that try and trap the creatures. Which they usually fail at and i hope it is not a Discovery Channel producer "Running Gag". Considering how much work Wild Bill, and Willy put into making those traps. None of the past shows have never tried to do. And trapping the Cryptids will prove to Science that these creatures exist. Since after all that is one of the Skeptics main arguments to disproving why Bigfoot and cousins have never been found. Where is the body?

Since the Captured Hogzilla it has given me some credibility that they are serious about catching these creatures and are not just in it for the "views". But that also raises the question why can they catch known animals in there traps instead of the unknown?


#2    dm08

dm08

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

I also watched the season 2 finale.  And I thought it was the most enjoyable episode yet.  I admit to getting just slightly bored with the formula the show follows in every episode:  first night hunt, interview with the witness, viewing of the trail cam photos and video, etc.  

The show is fake as hell, but they don't hide it.  That's part of what makes it fun.  They seem to be poking fun at themselves as well as other "expert" crypto hunters.


#3    msmike1

msmike1

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 26 July 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

So i have watched the season 2 finale and decided to write an unbiased review of the show. I realize there is already a thread discusiing the show but its 13 pages long and no one will see the post for decent replies lol. :

I find this show be very enjoyable. I have watched other Cryptid hunting shows like Fact or Faked, Destination Truth, Monsterquest, Finding Bigfoot etc., and have noticed that compared to the other shows these guys are more in it for the hunt instead of the hardcore evidence for shows like Destination Truth have presented its viewing audience. In shows like Destination Truth i have often wondered why on Earth Josh and the team have never taken any Rifles along for the ride. Some of these Cryptids live in some of the most hostile locations to modern humans and they go in with just some Thermal Cameras, Cameras, etc.,  No rifles or anything.

Another approach i like about the AIMS team is that try and trap the creatures. Which they usually fail at and i hope it is not a Discovery Channel producer "Running Gag". Considering how much work Wild Bill, and Willy put into making those traps. None of the past shows have never tried to do. And trapping the Cryptids will prove to Science that these creatures exist. Since after all that is one of the Skeptics main arguments to disproving why Bigfoot and cousins have never been found. Where is the body?

Since the Captured Hogzilla it has given me some credibility that they are serious about catching these creatures and are not just in it for the "views". But that also raises the question why can they catch known animals in there traps instead of the unknown?

Ummm, you are aware that the show is completely fake and staged. The hogzilla that you refer to was nothing more than a hog placed in the trap. It wasn't even that large. I will agree that it is somewhat entertaining just for the sake of entertainment.

Mike


#4    George Ford

George Ford

    smile

  • Member
  • 2,819 posts
  • Joined:02 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunderland UK

  • "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'm half way through the Snallygaster episode and so far it's dumber then ****.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#5    lowester

lowester

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2012

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

People watch this show?  Its crap like this that hurts the credibility of the field.... whats next, playboy models investigating ghosts?  oh wait.. yeah that happening too..


#6    dm08

dm08

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

lol, I personally don't care about the credibility of the field.


#7    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,446 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, I could care less about the credibility of the field, as it has never had any...but I find this show completely  un watchable.

Same formula, same fakeness.  Put, I'm glad someone likes it.


#8    coolguy

coolguy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:east islip , new york

  • Star trek rules

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

I only watched about 10 mins of I had to change the channel its bad lol


#9    Archangel Oger

Archangel Oger

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • "Researching the "God" particle...Yes, I have it"

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 26 July 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

So i have watched the season 2 finale and decided to write an unbiased review of the show. I realize there is already a thread discusiing the show but its 13 pages long and no one will see the post for decent replies lol. :

I find this show be very enjoyable. I have watched other Cryptid hunting shows like Fact or Faked, Destination Truth, Monsterquest, Finding Bigfoot etc., and have noticed that compared to the other shows these guys are more in it for the hunt instead of the hardcore evidence for shows like Destination Truth have presented its viewing audience. In shows like Destination Truth i have often wondered why on Earth Josh and the team have never taken any Rifles along for the ride. Some of these Cryptids live in some of the most hostile locations to modern humans and they go in with just some Thermal Cameras, Cameras, etc.,  No rifles or anything.

Another approach i like about the AIMS team is that try and trap the creatures. Which they usually fail at and i hope it is not a Discovery Channel producer "Running Gag". Considering how much work Wild Bill, and Willy put into making those traps. None of the past shows have never tried to do. And trapping the Cryptids will prove to Science that these creatures exist. Since after all that is one of the Skeptics main arguments to disproving why Bigfoot and cousins have never been found. Where is the body?

Since the Captured Hogzilla it has given me some credibility that they are serious about catching these creatures and are not just in it for the "views". But that also raises the question why can they catch known animals in there traps instead of the unknown?

The poorly faked supposed photos and pitiful CGI videos gave the show away LONG ago for me. However, I do agree, it is still fun to watch...


#10    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

    Goldeneye N64 Guru

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Andover

  • It's what your right hand's for!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

I will not have a bad word said against Mountain Monsters. It is without doubt one of the most entertaining shows currently around.

The prolific use of "Son of a b!tch"
The way Buck falls over in every episode
The fun to be had trying to figure out what Wild Bill is saying
The inevitable chaos that ensues when they hear a noise while out in the woods (leading to Buck falling over)
The crazy witness's they speak with and gloriously bad CGI "evidence"

There is so much to love about this show.

Posted Image

#11    msmike1

msmike1

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

View Postlowester, on 30 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

People watch this show?  Its crap like this that hurts the credibility of the field.... whats next, playboy models investigating ghosts?  oh wait.. yeah that happening too..

Wait a minute! Playboy models? Now that is something I would watch.

Mike


#12    designer

designer

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Female

  • I believe.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

We watch the show. It's entertaining. I am bored with the "serious" shows. The guys are fun. We count how many SOBs Trapper says in an episode. I like to imagine how the Finding BF crew would act on one of those night hunts. lol Like if Moneymaker was in the side by side when BF threw stuff and it turned over. :tsu:

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,701 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Since every episode contains this disclaimer:
"No wildlife was hunted, trapped or harmed in any way in the making of this program."
The show is clearly not about trapping or hunting wildlife of any kind.
Plus, there is no way any actor or film crew member is going to sign on to run around the woods at night with (highly uncoordinated) people with loaded guns. So, their guns aren't even loaded.
I like dm08's assumption that the show knows what it is:

View Postdm08, on 27 July 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

I also watched the season 2 finale.  And I thought it was the most enjoyable episode yet.  I admit to getting just slightly bored with the formula the show follows in every episode:  first night hunt, interview with the witness, viewing of the trail cam photos and video, etc.  
The show is fake as hell, but they don't hide it.  That's part of what makes it fun.  They seem to be poking fun at themselves as well as other "expert" crypto hunters.
bolding and color mine

I watch it on occasion because I am familiar with everywhere they go: Southeastern Ohio and northern and western West Virginia and it can be a good laugh when watched with others.

But it's pretty close to enduring nails on a chalkboard, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 04 August 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#14    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

    Goldeneye N64 Guru

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Andover

  • It's what your right hand's for!

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

Can't wait for season 3 :D

Posted Image

#15    dm08

dm08

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

"lol Like if Moneymaker was in the side by side when BF threw stuff and it turned over."

LET'S JUMP IN THA' SIDE-BY-SIDES AND GET TO THE TRAP!  lol





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users