Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Debating christian-zionists...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Saturday, 26th 2014

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

As far as I am aware, the identity of the kidnappers and murderers of the 3 Israeli students has not been resolved, so Hannity's accusation regarding this item is merely repeating biased media speculation.

He also brushes over the historical basis of the conflict to focus purely on the present, in doing so ensuring he puts all the blame on the Palestinians. This is not to say they don't share blame with the Israeli's regarding the conflict, but his questioning is leading at best.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#3    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Notice how he was demanding yes or no answers to his loaded questions?  Then he freaked out and cut off the guest.........fair and balanced my azz.

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

You're right acidhead, "Hamas is a terrorist organization" is the only supposition that can logically justify Israel's tyranny.   It's analogous to the UK going into Palestine in 1945 and annihilating women and children in close proximity to Likud by way of a 7-year long military siege, and based on the average human lifespan - endless bombing campaigns and ground invasions.

Oh no, listen.  I hear the Statists coming already to tell me that it wasn't a State and so it doesn't matter.  

There are no people under their government; there is only government; there is only state.   Defending Israel is a universe where Government Will is G-d.   So what better cop-out than to blame the other guy's religion?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,780 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

View Postacidhead, on 27 July 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

Notice how he was demanding yes or no answers to his loaded questions?  Then he freaked out and cut off the guest.........fair and balanced my azz.
I have no idea if Hannity is a Christian Zionist or not.  I've never heard him say so.  Have you?  He IS a rude, loud idiot of a TV host but that can be said of nearly every personality on MSNBC for example so I'm not sure what your point is here.  Oh yeah, painting all Christian Zionists as being angry, loud and irrational, how could I miss it :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,351 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

View Postand then, on 27 July 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

I have no idea if Hannity is a Christian Zionist or not.  I've never heard him say so.  Have you?  He IS a rude, loud idiot of a TV host but that can be said of nearly every personality on MSNBC for example so I'm not sure what your point is here.  Oh yeah, painting all Christian Zionists as being angry, loud and irrational, how could I miss it :)

That is Fox News not MSNBC.   I don't don't watch either one. I just finished reading "935 Lies" by Charles Lewis.  If read that book you wouldn't watch them either. We are being lied to and bamboozled by all of them.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#7    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

It is difficult to find a mainstream news service so regularly and consistently called out on misrepresenting, exaggerating, or outright lying, about news as Fox News.

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,351 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

Faux New isn't news it is entertainment.  All of them are really. Best thing I ever did was dump the cable and sat.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,780 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 28 July 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

It is difficult to find a mainstream news service so regularly and consistently called out on misrepresenting, exaggerating, or outright lying, about news as Fox News.
The charge being made in the OP is that all Christian Zionists are like this idiot on Fox news.  It's a pretty broad and deceptive brush he's swinging, no?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

View Postand then, on 28 July 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

The charge being made in the OP is that all Christian Zionists are like this idiot on Fox news.  It's a pretty broad and deceptive brush he's swinging, no?

God must be a real estate agent, eh?

#11    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

Are you reading some charge I'm not seeing?  Acidhead didn't say anything in his OP.  It's a pretty constant aspect of his topics.  He even extends it to many of his posts.

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

like this idiot on Fox news.
"This idiot on Fox News" hosts the #1 rated cable news program in his time slot.  

http://www.mediabist...ategory/ratings

Now unless you want to make the argument that Sean Hannity is a worse than average pundit, you've just admitted that the American people are getting their news from idiots.   Is it any wonder why they're so misinformed with distortion and appeasement?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#13    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 28 July 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

Are you reading some charge I'm not seeing?  Acidhead didn't say anything in his OP.  It's a pretty constant aspect of his topics.  He even extends it to many of his posts.

LOL.... that was low... but slick.... nice.

#14    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,348 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostYamato, on 27 July 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

You're right acidhead, "Hamas is a terrorist organization" is the only supposition that can logically justify Israel's tyranny.   It's analogous to the UK going into Palestine in 1945 and annihilating women and children in close proximity to Likud by way of a 7-year long military siege, and based on the average human lifespan - endless bombing campaigns and ground invasions.

Oh no, listen.  I hear the Statists coming already to tell me that it wasn't a State and so it doesn't matter.  

There are no people under their government; there is only government; there is only state.   Defending Israel is a universe where Government Will is G-d.   So what better cop-out than to blame the other guy's religion?
Oh good grief! Next you'll be saying that the Israelis are decendents of a European religious sect that moved into Palestine and established a colony on Palestinian land, brushing the Palestinians aside. You'll probably point out that they are dealing with the Palestinians the same way all European colonists have dealt with native populations. What a vivid imagination you have.

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#15    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,653 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostJohn Wesley Boyd, on 28 July 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

Oh good grief! Next you'll be saying that the Israelis are decendents of a European religious sect that moved into Palestine and established a colony on Palestinian land, brushing the Palestinians aside. You'll probably point out that they are dealing with the Palestinians the same way all European colonists have dealt with native populations. What a vivid imagination you have.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

There are no such things as Lenticular clouds, only UFO's in disguise

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users