Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Gwen Stefani Shares A Sweet Breastfeeding Pic

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

http://www.huffingto...tml?hpt=hp_bn17

She's a rock star -- and a proud mom, too.
Gwen Stefani posted the below photo to Instagram on Friday, showing her with her 5-month-old baby boy, Apollo Bowie Flynn. In the snapshot, the 44-year-old appears to be breastfeeding her son beside a gorgeous, mountainous landscape in Switzerland.
Apollo can be seen wrapped in a white and red-starred swaddling blanket by aden + anais. The company just teamed up with AIDS charity (RED) and a portion of the proceeds from sales of the blanket pictured in Stefani's pic (and other products) will go to fight AIDS, notes People.

Anyone else look at that photo and think it was took in 1976? I mean the washout color and ancient fashions....just screams 1970s.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#2    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Pure Awesome!

Imagine:  using breasts for their intended purpose...

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#3    amaterasu

amaterasu

Government Agent

• 3,697 posts

• "Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!"

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Great pic and good for her for promoting breastfeeding ...if that was the intention!

* Group logo removed, please see rule 3i *

#4    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Meh..

Posted Image

#5    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Moo?

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Did you post this because breasts are an unexplained mystery to you?

Edited by OverSword, 29 July 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#7    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

damn, too far away for a side boob.

If what I type offends you, don't see it as an attack, but as my opinion.

#8    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

that cow pic is hysterical

#9    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,473 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

It's a nice photo although sadly not every new mum would agree with this. Some have difficulty breastfeeding as I did, yes there are problems, and other mums find it painful. They wouldn't feel like smiling happily as the celebrity mum in the photo.

Just wondering, hm what's this doing in "weird news" section?

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#10    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

The only reason I can guess that people would claim she is breast-feeding is because there is no one around her.

#11    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

"Breastfeeding, Fun for the whole family", Er, What???

#12    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostRose-Red Howler, on 30 July 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

It's a nice photo although sadly not every new mum would agree with this. Some have difficulty breastfeeding as I did, yes there are problems, and other mums find it painful. They wouldn't feel like smiling happily as the celebrity mum in the photo.

Just wondering, hm what's this doing in "weird news" section?

My wife tried breastfeeding for two days with our son and it was too hurtful for her. She was disappointed for a little while.

I was also asking myself the same question. The only thing weird about breasts is how I become like a kid at a candy store (my wife's are very nice).

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#13    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,091 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Breastfeeding is meant to be done in private.

#14    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,377 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

says who?

don't you eat in public?
what on earth is wrong with a breast?

can't handle it?

so laughing at you

#15    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Apollo Bowie Flynn? poor li'l bugger! I hope he's learned how to fight by the time he goes to school!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users