Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

There are no Ghosts of Dead People

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1    reidh

reidh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

The bible clearly states that once you die you go to your judgement, and that is it.

#2    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

POPULAR

The bible is a book written by men,I don't believe in ghosts but I wouldn't use a holy book to prove their non existence.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,338 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

POPULAR

And you know this because some novel written by man says so?

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

POPULAR

The Bible also states there are windows in the sky.

#5    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Doesn't the bible also say something about being respectful to your neighbours goat?

I don't know, iv'e never read it.

Nobody knows what ghosts are for certain, i like to think we carry on another existence after death, perhaps as pure energy..somehow..somewhere..

Who knows, we will all find out one day so lets not argue about it..LOL

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin, 01 August 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#6    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

POPULAR

View PostRlyeh, on 01 August 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

And has a talking donkey in it.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#7    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

View Postreidh, on 01 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

The bible clearly states that once you die you go to your judgement, and that is it.

Welcome to UM reidh :st  Please, read the site rule, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here :)

I'm not sure you are accurate with your comment. After all, Lazarus and Jesus were resurrected, and the bible mentions folks being raised for final judgement at the second coming.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,370 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

It must be true because the BuyBull is from the ultimate authority.

Numbers 11:1-2 (KJV)

1 And when the people complained , it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled ; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. 2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched .

Numbers 11:31-34 (KJV)

31 And there went forth a wind from the LORD, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth. 32 And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp. 33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed , the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague. 34 And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted .

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#9    XenoFish

XenoFish

Back from the dead

• 6,267 posts

• Someone should stab you in eye with a really hot french fry.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

A lot of them. lol

Saying there are no ghost is a bit narrow minded. We don't know if they exist or that their just figments of our imaginations.

As for God's great power, I really want to see stuff like that. Parting of the sea, etc. Yet there is nothing like that in this day, if there ever was at all.

We're all living in a world filled with moderately stupid people.

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,338 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 01 August 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

[/size]

As for God's great power, I really want to see stuff like that. Parting of the sea, etc. Yet there is nothing like that in this day, if there ever was at all.

Nature is behind the parting of the seas, somehow someone attributed it to a "god", I call that naivety, others call it religion.
But here, this is for you, we do have it today, but no doubt will offend  if we can give an explanation to the "moses" theory by explaining it as part of nature.

#11    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 01 August 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

"There are holes in the sky where the rain comes in,
They're not very big - that's why rain is thin!"

Spike Milligan

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#12    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

Given that we perceive with our senses less than 1% of the energy in the universe...
It's natural for me to be agnostic about this stuff... so much out there beyond my perception.  I've also never felt like the universe was such a place, that I should expect to understand it all.

I've experienced a few genuinely unexplainable things, I have no idea what caused them nor what they were... and I'm fine with that.
Some day I might figure it out, or not, either way, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do have the benefit of having no fear of death.  Mind you, I'm not crazy about the potential manner of my death, which could suck.  But after a few experiences starting from age four... death has no teeth.

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#13    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,354 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

The night my wife died, her friend's granddaughter got up in the morning all excited at having been visited by my wife.  My wife's friend told her no she hadn't come to visit and told her she had died last night. The little girl insisted that she was there and had ask her to give me this bear she had in her room that said "I love you" on it.  They called me right away and said they were coming over.  They told me the story and gave me the bear.  I have no doubt that dear child saw my wife that night.
Later. I was telling a "friend" who is a fundamentalist Christian about it and he got all excited and said that wasn't my wife, it was a demon. Yup he was serous,  a demon gave me a teddy bear.  Believe as you will.  I'll tell you, to this day that was the cruelest thing anyone has ever said to me.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#14    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 01 August 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Don't forget the unicorns.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,458 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

View Postreidh, on 01 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Depends who you ask.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users