Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] 'See-through' bodies technique developed

transparent body see-through cell organs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,340 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

A way to turn an entire body transparent has been developed by scientists studying rodents.

Reporting in the journal Cell, they describe a technique that keeps tissues intact but allows key body parts and connections to be seen.

They say it could help visualise how separate organs interact and pave the way for a new generation of treatments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-28582452

Posted Image

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,116 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Thats pretty weird :unsure2:

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Only thing i think of is about how much pain do those rodents have to endure before they die...

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#4    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

To me it's only cruel and I seriously doubt it will pave to anything new.
Unfortunately I'm not a researcher, so maybe I'm wrong. But it's cruel for sure.

#5    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

That's a cool idea. To actually be able to SEE the changes in cells between healthy and diseased states, or where viruses hide in tissue. I can see it eventually being really beneficial.

I would like to point this out though:

The research has been carried out on euthansed rats and human tissue samples taken during operations but not yet in living organisms.

Posted Image

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,253 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

A mouse body has been transformed into a pale, gooey-lookin ag "see-through" version of its former self, by researchers wielding a new technique they say could be used to better understand processes in the body.
The technique — which is performed on mice, postmortem, can reveal all of an animal's organs, from its brain to its kidneys, while keeping them intact — could lead to a better understanding of how the brain and body interact, as well as new ways to treat conditions such as chronic pain and autism, according to a study published today (July 31) in the journal Cell.

~

Hmmmmm ...

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users