Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Sighting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Last night my husband was standing out on the deck having a smoke, and I was inside with little man.  He pokes his head in the door, and tells me to come out side for a minute....so out I trot, grumbling because I had no idea what could be so important as to draw me away from Robot Chicken.

He points up to the sky, and to the north of us (our house faces directly north, toward the shores of Lake Ontario) there is a ball of light, very high up (twice as high as an airplane, maybe more) moving at a very high rate of speed south.  There was a plane in the southern sky, moving west to east, so we had a point of reference...and this was definitely not a plane.  It moved all the way across our visible night sky, getting higher and less visible, until it blinked out.  I'm guessing it left the atmosphere at this point.

We see a lot of meteor showers up here, and it was not a meteor...this ball of light arched as it traveled south, consistently, with a very deliberate path.  I'm not aware of any comets near us right now either.

It took about 45 seconds, to a full minute to pass overhead.

Relax, I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was not a plane, not a comet, not a meteor.  My dad and I used to look for satellites when I was a kid, so I am familair with those as well....It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round.

This video is very similar to what we saw:

#2    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,020 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Love it ! I want More ! Shinny lights ! Sweet ! :whistle: :alien: :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,644 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Night time is tough.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Check for satellite passes at a site such as HeavensAbove

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#5    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,961 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 02 August 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Check for satellite passes at a site such as HeavensAbove
Didn't she say that she was already familiar with satellites?

Posted Image

#6    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,362 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostAwake2Chaos, on 02 August 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

This video is very similar to what we saw:

Some words to this clip. It seems to become a trend that some ppl (at least one of them is a member here) are using,
deliberately or not, a reduced satellite database in relation to "UFO" sightings. The author of the clip tried to exclude
possible satellites by showing a satellite fly-over schedule for 21JUL which only contains data of the 5 popular ones
but thats not the full picture. As per HeavensAbove there were approx 500 (five-zero-zero) visible fly-overs that day
at Chicago with a magnitude up to 5, so visible for the nacked eyes. And in between 9:34pm and 9:40pm (the author
mentioned 2 different times), in total 11 satellites become visible that day. And, the channel of this author is full of such
hoax BS.

View PostAstra00, on 02 August 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Familiar is relative. :yes:

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#7    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

I thought it could be the ISS, too, but I checked a tracking site that tells you where it is at any given moment, and it was over the Pacific.  

I don't know what it was but it was really cool to watch.

#8    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostAstra00, on 02 August 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Apparently not enough to do a check to verify what may or may not have been visible at the time.  From the OP "It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round" - how does that differ to a satellite?  And "It blinked out" - as satellites do when they go into the Earth's shadow.  Just sayin...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#9    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 2,815 posts

• ♪♫ Dementia, you're
    driving me crazy! ♫♪
    - Owlcity.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 02 August 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

Apparently not enough to do a check to verify what may or may not have been visible at the time.  From the OP "It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round" - how does that differ to a satellite?  And "It blinked out" - as satellites do when they go into the Earth's shadow.  Just sayin...
maybe in the last year, while glancing up and starry sky, I noticed something. As my eyes rested between two stars, there was a flash of light. I am assuming it was a satellite reflecting a seconds woth of sunlight.  
Isn't there like millions of man made and other objects up there reflecting light for a bit?
Yet, the description of the object being a ball of light like a star, reminds me of something I saw years ago. It was like a bright star, and it zig zagged at 90 degree angles across the sky. No one has yet to tell me what we have simular that this could be.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
If you wont talk to your cat about catnip......who will?
Introverts unite! But only on the internet.

#10    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,961 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

View Posttoast, on 02 August 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Familiar is relative. :yes:
Stop with the patronizing.....it's not very becoming dear!.. B)

Edited by Astra00, 03 August 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

#11    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 02 August 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

You know what really irks me....I didn't post this saying, "OH MY GOD, I SAW AN ALIEN!"  And people still act like d*cks.  I think I'm done with this site.

You win!!  Peace out.

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,644 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostAwake2Chaos, on 04 August 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

You know what really irks me....I didn't post this saying, "OH MY GOD, I SAW AN ALIEN!"  And people still act like d*cks.  I think I'm done with this site.

You win!!  Peace out.

Just don't mind them.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users