Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Greengrocer dresses his fruit in lingerie

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,262 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Nice peaches! Greengrocer dresses his fruit in lingerie to boost sales ahead of China’s version of Valentine’s Day

Businessman Yao Yuan is flogging peaches in miniature lingerie
    Lingerie firm makes knickers, and the fruit is dressed by hand
    Despite price of £50 for nine peaches, sales are soaring

A Chinese businessman has come up with a rather cheeky way of pushing peaches – by dressing them in lacy ‘knickers’.

Yao Yuan from Nanjing, east China, saw an opportunity to boost his sales ahead of China’s version of Valentine’s Day, when he spotted the similarities between his fruits and a female bottom.

Mr Yao dresses the fruits in miniature versions of women’s lingerie and sells them for a jaw-dropping £50 a punnet for nine naughty peaches.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz39Eiit7rE

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,901 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

oh boy, and I thought I had found a solution for the banana peeling man......bring in Britney...again.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,262 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 August 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

oh boy, and I thought I had found a solution for the banana peeling man......bring in Britney...again.

Actually I think it looks quite good, in a funny way! I wonder if the buyers will eat them differently?

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 4,015 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Aaaahh!

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,901 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 August 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Actually I think it looks quite good, in a funny way! I wonder if the buyers will eat them differently?
Wonder if we could start up our own business.....with edible knickers?
Other than that at that price, I would keep the non edible ones and resell them on cheap peaches at 4 for a 30 quid...washed ofcourse.

Edited by freetoroam, 02 August 2014 - 12:39 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,901 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

How do you hang those things out to dry on the washing line without getting a few questions asked?
Surely you can not throw them away at that price.................

Patent pending for edibles.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 August 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

How do you hang those things out to dry on the washing line without getting a few questions asked?
Surely you can not throw them away at that price.................

Patent pending for edibles.

You wash them with the dolly clothes, then they dont look too weird on the line :lol:

Is it still Barbie dolls little girls play with?

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,901 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 August 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

You wash them with the dolly clothes, then they dont look too weird on the line :lol:

Is it still Barbie dolls little girls play with?

yes, but not in that attire.....well, not as far as i am aware.

Edited by freetoroam, 02 August 2014 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users