Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious Lindlow moss man discovery

lindow moss lindlow man moss man rick turner peat bog body

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,715 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Thirty years ago, a peat cutter working in the Cheshire countryside spotted what he thought was a piece of wood trundling along a conveyor belt.

Tasked with the job of keeping the belt free of debris, he threw it away, but as it hit the ground, the dirt fell from it and the remains of a human leg lay in the summer sun.

That gruesome discovery on 1 August 1984 led to Rick Turner, the newly-appointed county archaeologist, being called to the site on Lindow Moss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-28589151

Posted Image

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,227 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Have I misunderstood this part of the story?

"We know he was killed by blows to the head, garrotting, swallowing mistletoe and then drowning in the waters of the peat bog.
"But we don't know for certain why he was killed or whether he was willing."

I dont think Id be willing to have all that done to me...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

"We know he was killed by blows to the head, garrotting, swallowing mistletoe and then drowning in the waters of the peat bog.

"If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing well."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users