Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Great Pyramid "air shafts" Explained.

great pyramid air shafts giza khufu

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 August 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yes clad will be along soon I expect!

But, anything can be made to line up at least some time, did you ever see the "Manhattan-Henge"? Where the sun makes perfect alignment

quote:

On May 30 at 8:16 p.m. and again on July 11 at 8:24 p.m., Manhattanhenge reaches its point of perfection as the full setting sun aligns with the city's grid of East-West streets.

Cool. If it were on July 4th it would be really remarkable. The thing with my alignments is that they happen precisely when Alcyone is due West, or actually due West in the 4th Dynasty. This is significant because the Pleiades were seen by the ancient Egyptians as a goddess of the West and the pyramids were also aligned East/West/North/South;

The ancient Egyptians also singled out the Pleiades as a female goddess, probably most often recognized as Neith, the “divine mother”, or Hathor, who took on the form of a cow (who carried the seeds of life).  Pyramidologists working in Egypt in the last twelve years have found pyramidal texts that suggest the Egyptians revered the Pleiades as a higher divine star system, especially Alcyone, its brightest star. http://www.keysofeno...e_pleiades.html

Also, the fact that the Queen's Chamber is right on the vertical axis of the pyramid suggests some significance to the West meridian, meaning due West. Giza is all about the West, being on the West side of the Nile and the West being seen as where the dead go on their journey to the afterworld. Hathor was called Mistress of the West and Hathor was obviously important to the Egyptian kings as shown by a statue of her with Menkaure and her association with the dead. The Pleiades/Giza correlation just makes a lot of sense when all factors are considered. It is also known that some of the pyramids in Teotihuacan are aligned to the Pleiades and Alcyone in particular. Some people believe that there is a connection between the American pyramids and the Egyptian ones. It just seems like too many coincidences to me.

I should add that the King's Chamber goes from the passage westward with the sarcophagus at the western end of it and that the Queen's Chamber statue niche also faces West. Why the niche is off-center in the chamber I don't know, unless it was intended for the statue of Hathor (presumably) to be looking more toward Atlas than Alcyone, for some reason. Maybe Hathor was associated with that particular star or maybe it was supposed to be the king's statue in there and the king was supposed to be associated with Atlas. Whichever, it's undeniable that the statue would have been gazing westward.

Note also that the number 7 crops up a lot in the Great Pyramid, or multiples of it like the 28 notches in the Grand Gallery. The significance could be related to the seven major stars of the Pleiades, sometimes know to the Egyptians as the Seven Hathors, which were depicted as cows on the inside of the coffin lids of the dead. That means that they were clearly very important in relation to the dead. It would be surprising NOT to find some kind of connection between the Giza necropolis and the Pleiades.

Edited by Bennu, 05 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,056 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Well for practical reasons ~ so far my theory is it is to keep the centers 'centered' .... buried under all those outer layers there has to be some method of keeping track and knowing how far up and wide the construction is ~ until they were far up enough to use something on the horizon or some landmark the builders/engineers use to keep the proportions 'true' to the pyramidal dimensions ~ a geometrically sound pyramidal that is  ~

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#18    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 August 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Well for practical reasons ~ so far my theory is it is to keep the centers 'centered' .... buried under all those outer layers there has to be some method of keeping track and knowing how far up and wide the construction is ~ until they were far up enough to use something on the horizon or some landmark the builders/engineers use to keep the proportions 'true' to the pyramidal dimensions ~ a geometrically sound pyramidal that is .

Then why only in the Great Pyramid and no other? The shafts don't align to any stars anyway. That was just a flawed theory. For instance, the QC southern shaft only aligned to Sirius in 2189 BC, long after the pyramid was built. No, this is something peculiar to the Great Pyramid and it doesn't involve aligning to stars on the South meridian. The shafts were, in my theory, meant to show angles in the western sky rather than on the South meridian. Therefore, they don't actually point at any star but simply give the angle for the king's ba to follow in the western sky from Alcyone when the Pleiades are just above the horizon. They're probably symbolic rather than intended for the ba to actually go through, which would explain why the QC shafts are not even open at the ends.

Edited by Bennu, 06 August 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#19    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,056 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostBennu, on 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Then why only in the Great Pyramid and no other? The shafts don't align to any stars anyway. That was just a flawed theory. For instance, the QC southern shaft only aligned to Sirius in 2189 BC, long after the pyramid was built. No, this is something peculiar to the Great Pyramid and it doesn't involve aligning to stars on the South meridian. The shafts were, in my theory, meant to show angles in the western sky rather than on the South meridian. Therefore, they don't actually point at any star but simply give the angle for the king's ba to follow in the western sky from Alcyone when the Pleiades are just above the horizon. They're probably symbolic rather than intended for the ba to actually go through, which would explain why the QC shafts are not even open at the ends.

With one up the others can be aligned accordingly is my guess ... I don't believe it has anything to do with aligning to anything other than itself ~

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#20    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I agree that the 'blocking stones' were placed in the shaft during the const. process.

I'm not saying there aren't astro-alignments....but I've always doubted this as the shafts do not open to the exterior, etc. The AE aligned the pyramid to N accurately, also the shafts would naturally align w/ at least some stars as they progress across the night sky.

If the ba could pass thru the blocking stones, etc, (and the casing stones) why would he need an open shaft to exit/enter??? (I doubt the 'symbolic' idea, they went to some trouble to const. these shafts.)

Edited by scorpiosonic, 06 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#21    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postscorpiosonic, on 06 August 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

If the ba could pass thru the blocking stones, etc, (and the casing stones) why would he need an open shaft to exit/enter??? (I doubt the 'symbolic' idea, they went to some trouble to const. these shafts.)

Valid point. You would think the ba could go through anything so no need for shafts. Also, the other pyramids have no shafts yet those kings' bas could presumably get out. I don't know, it's very mysterious. I simply noted that the shaft angles do precisely match the angles from Alcyone to the two Taurus stars. Could be purposeful design, could be sheer coincidence. I found it interesting myself so I thought I'd see what others would say about it. Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread by the way.

I do believe that the King's and Queen's Chambers were positioned to match the relative positions of Atlas and Alcyone though. That seems very unlikely to be coincidental to me, especially when the statue in the niche would have gazed directly westward, pretty much telling us to look at that part of the sky. There is no other explanation that I know of for the offset of the King's Chamber from the center of the pyramid while the Queen's Chamber is right in the center. While their positions are very close to corresponding to the ends of the hypotenuse of a 1:2 right triangle, it's not exact. The centers of the two chambers are actually off from a 1:2 triangle by a little over 3.5 Royal Cubits and the centers of the floors are off by a little over 2. I think it's unlikely that the builders would have made that large an error considering the extreme precision of the rest of the pyramid. However, they do very precisely match those star positions, so closely that you really can't even detect a variance. Besides, you would need to explain why they would have wanted to depict a 1:2 right triangle that way. The below image shows how off the hypotenuse lines actually are visually. Granted, if the Queen's Chamber floor was 0.4147503 cubits lower then the centers of the two floors would be exactly on that hypotenuse line. Interestingly, that's extremely close to sqrt 2 minus the 1, so I guess there could be something to that.

Posted Image

Edited by Bennu, 06 August 2014 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users