Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AG Holder: I am 'Proud' to be an 'Activist'

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    F3SS

F3SS

Heading towards the unknown

• 9,447 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

From http://www.theblaze....be-an-activist/
Addressing his critics who allege that he is using his power as attorney general to act as an "activist" for racial or left-leaning causes, Holder eagerly embraced the term.

"If you want to call me an activist attorney general, I will proudly accept that label," he added. "Any attorney general who is not an activist is not doing his or her job. The responsibility of the attorney general is to change things [and] bring us closer to the ideals expressed in our founding documents."

To those who allege his Department of Justice houses an "activist civil rights division," Holder replied, "I'd  say I agree with you 1000 percent and [I am] proud of it."

I feel that impartiality should be a keystone of the DOJ. Is it possible to be an activist and be impartial? I would think not.

#2    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Not possible...an Activist chooses his/her position on an issue. Excepting politicians, most ppl will choose one side or the other of a given issue, and stay w/ it.

IMO, Holder should be sharing a jail cell w/ his predecessor A. Gonzales. :yes:

Edited by scorpiosonic, 05 August 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#3    F3SS

F3SS

• 9,447 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

He feels the AG's responsibility is to enact change. If he meant based on an impartial view of the law then I'd agree. He doesn't though. He means social change, agenda driven and based on political activism.

Edited by F3SS, 05 August 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#4    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:22 AM

But they base their responsibilities on their own interpretation of the law, not the actual INTENT of the Law.

Of course, Congress intentionally writes the laws to be open to interpretation, (by their lawyers).

#5    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,392 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Postscorpiosonic, on 05 August 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

But they base their responsibilities on their own interpretation of the law, not the actual INTENT of the Law.

Of course, Congress intentionally writes the laws to be open to interpretation, (by their lawyers).

And therein lies the problem... The law should not be open to "interpretation"... It should be clear-cut, easily understandable, and based on the needs of the people, not attorneys...  Laws should not
be written by lawyers...

#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostF3SS, on 05 August 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

I feel that impartiality should be a keystone of the DOJ. Is it possible to be an activist and be impartial? I would think not.

Well, if one happens to be an activist for the US Constitution and the rule of constitutional governance, that is a good thing.

Holder is an activist for the opposite of that.  Beginning with his role in the Clinton pardon of Mark Rich, Holder is an activist for corruption and special interests.  He is a traitor to the Constitution and should be impeached and prosecuted.

#7    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,795 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostTaun, on 05 August 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

And therein lies the problem... The law should not be open to "interpretation"... It should be clear-cut, easily understandable, and based on the needs of the people, not attorneys...  Laws should not
be written by lawyers...

I once heard that it is harder to write a good law than it is to write a good play, and there aren't 100 people on earth that can write a good play.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#8    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Pretty sad and telling of the mentality of the entire administration.

His job is to enforce the law "as interpreted by the Supreme Court"...not to be a fan boy or an activist.

This statement should be enough, in my minds eye, to have him removed and replaced.  Never mind the other things he has done....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#9    F3SS

F3SS

• 9,447 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 05 August 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

This statement should be enough, in my minds eye, to have him removed and replaced.

That's what I was thinking. He's not saying anything we didn't know already but the admission carries a lot of weight.

#10    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostTaun, on 05 August 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

be written by lawyers...

So then everyone who goes 2 miles over the speed limit should get a speeding ticket? Laws & regulations are purposely written to be open to interpretation to make the system flexible. I see that as a good thing.

#11    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

Laws are sometimes formulated to create a more level playing field, sometimes they are created to punish those who diverge from the mainstream. Do you think those laws against marriages between people of different races should have been enforced? Or the segregation laws? Or the laws against homosexuals having intimate relationships? Would you enforce all laws to the letters, or just some?

#12    F3SS

F3SS

• 9,447 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostBeany, on 06 August 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

So then everyone who goes 2 miles over the speed limit should get a speeding ticket? Laws & regulations are purposely written to be open to interpretation to make the system flexible. I see that as a good thing.

So how do you feel about the op? The DOJ is an agency that should act impartial and unbiased yet is headed by an admitted activist.

#13    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Holder is the first AG to be held in Contempt by an overwhelming margin of Congress in the history of the country.

His DOJ is one of the most corrupt incarnations to date.

He's nothing more than a race-baiter and anti-Conservative.

This is shown by his treatment of Conservatives as "domestic terrorists".

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#14    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Good call on the 'race baiter'...I remember his comments re the Am ppl being 'afraid' to discuss racism.

I guess now you are a domestic terrorist if you do agree w/ and support Obama and Co.

Edited by scorpiosonic, 07 August 2014 - 06:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users