Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Should All Drugs Be Legalized

• Please log in to reply
691 replies to this topic

#1    BrooklynGuy

BrooklynGuy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

• Just For Today

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

What do you folks think about all drugs being legal and why. I say yes but with strict controls. I should say that I don't use drugs, but find the criminalization of drug use counter productive.

Here is what they are doing in Portugal:

http://www.globalpos...ortugal-addicts

#2    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,442 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

No.

Just Alcohol and MJ.People looking for more than that or abuse just that have serious issues.

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#3    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I believe several of the psychedelics ought to be, psychedelic therapy under observation with a professional will also be prevalent in the near future.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

MJ would be about it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,799 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

They didn't make them legal, they decriminalized using them and made it a health care issue.  If you sell them you go to jail.  .I think it is a good idea. Putting drug addicts in jail just drys them out, then they go back to using when they get out.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

might as well, all drugs are widely available now, and addicts do not have any problem getting it.  myth that if drugs become legal would lead to many more new addicts has been debunked by reality, in usa and overseas.

let just put it this way, making it illegal did not make them hard to come by, and it has not stop anyone that wanted to to get them.   but it sure there would be no billions spend on wod, and private jail industry would not have as much customers. all of which comes out  of our taxes.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    StRoostifer

StRoostifer

Stoned Immaculate

• 2,459 posts

• " If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

MJ without a doubt should be legal! As for the rest, I'm split. If someone wants the life of a junkie that's their life to live but my problem with that is when the junkie becomes a disruption to others or sits in jail because of their habit while the tax payers pay for the junkies room and board. I guess in the end I have to say no to the rest of the drugs.

Posted Image

#8    StRoostifer

StRoostifer

Stoned Immaculate

• 2,459 posts

• " If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 05 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I believe several of the psychedelics ought to be, psychedelic therapy under observation with a professional will also be prevalent in the near future.

I didn't consider this in my post above but I do agree with what you say here. Problem is the person must show responsibility and not everyone can do so.

Fwiw, I have never tried psychedelics but have never been against them either. I have many friends that have numerous times and they all had wonderful experiences.

Posted Image

#9    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,580 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

POPULAR

All drugs should be legal.

Prohibition is a terrible waste of resources, it's been proven time and time again that it does not work. All it does is fuel a massive underground market.

Alcohol is perfectly legal and there aren't millions of raging alcoholics roaming the streets JUST because they can buy booze. I don't understand why anyone would expect a huge increase in hard drug use - if anything, it's easier to buy it from a street dealer because he doesn't ask for ID.

Stop wasting police resources, stop throwing young people in a cage for experimenting with drugs and for God sakes stop with the propaganda!

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#10    BrooklynGuy

BrooklynGuy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

• Just For Today

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

I think like many of you that what we have been doing has been a failure. Certainly there is a strong movement to legalize weed and IMO justifiable so. I think alcohol causes far more social and medical problems that weed and as one of the other posters pointed out we don't have an increase of alcoholism, in fact the numbers have remained steady over the years since the repeal of prohibition. People don't typically beat up their girlfriends after smoking a blunt probably because their too busy eating Doritos and watching cartoons but how many times do we here about some guy under the influence of alcohol beating up his family and the cops when they show up. My guess is that the alcohol beverage lobby is working very hard to keep weed and other substances illegal.

#11    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

I say yes

Any argument you use to say alcohol marijuana and tobacco can be legal can be used for everything else.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#12    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,279 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

As long as paint thinner is legal I could not care about what the world is doing or wanting to do.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Sugar, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol are all legal. So I think yes, other drugs should be legal too. I think it's more of a question of what kinds of regulations and taxes should be placed upon currently illegal substances than a question of legality in itself.

And not that I'm reading anyone breaking rules in this thread but... Drug use and particularly illegal drugs are specifically mentioned in the site rules- lets not get into stepping over those rules and get the thread shut down please. Let's not cause the mods to get unhappy with us all :)

#14    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

I don't use drugs but I think of all the tax money that could be earned by the government.   Also less government money would be spent on police and prisons.  This could mean more money is available for schools, senior citizens, etc.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#15    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

No. Would you honestly want your children/nephews/nieces using drugs?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users