Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fearless Indian snake charmer aged 11

kajol khan ghatampur cobras snake charmer uttar pradesh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,057 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Most children are scared to death of snakes but one 11-year-old girl in India fearlessly refers to the scaly reptiles as her 'best friends'.

Kajol Khan from Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh, India, continues to eat and sleep with the deadly animals despite receiving several potentially deadly venom-filled bites.

She said: 'I have a lot of fun with the cobras. It hurts when they bite me but sometimes it's my own fault because I tease them. It's quite funny.'

http://www.dailymail...a-clan-bed.html

Posted Image

#2    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,820 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Children and snakes - It got me thinking about this child, and his pet-python.

PS:The last part was added on for effect. ;)

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#3    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

"crawling around them as a baby" ? She had no immunity then, if some level of immunity is even possible after frequent injections of venom.  I've heard daughters are not valued in some countries, this is insane.

I smell Reality Show. Then the parents can afford a tutor (in body armor) for their girl so she can play with her deadly snakes, taste death, and get some learnin'. All in a Day for an 11-year-old.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#4    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,909 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Cobras don't normally have their hoods extended unless they are alarmed or threatened and in almost every photo, these cobras have their hoods extended. I wonder who is provoking them in almost every photo shoot?

When the hoods fail to ward off a potential threat then out come the fangs of pain.
It is possible these cobras were de-fanged or had their venom sacs removed (I am sure that has been done or can be done)

#5    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 06 August 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

She said: 'I have a lot of fun with the cobras. It hurts when they bite me but sometimes it's my own fault because I tease them. It's quite funny.'

https://www.youtube....h?v=6B_gILriACY

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#6    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

So the little one has received bites and still provokes them? All this child needs is to be educated and taught to respect nature and not tease or provoke it. If this is her idea of 'fun' she won't be around for long unless she's immune...

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,909 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

I question her parents more than the child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users