Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Origins of Native Americans? Ancient Greece

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1    Ichihara

Ichihara

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

“The level of haplogroup T in the Cherokee (26.9 percent) approximates the percentage for Egypt (25 percent), one of the only lands where T attains a major position among the various mitochondrial lineages.”

Yates focused on haplotype X for “its relative absence in Mongolia and Siberia and a recently proven center of diffusion in Lebanon and Israel.”

http://www.theepocht...ancient-greece/

#2    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

The Mormons have been saying that the Indians are Israelites for almost 200 years now.  Which may be why the scientists don't want to make that jump.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#3    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,480 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

The Levant, last I checked, is not Greece.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#4    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,326 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Last I checked my Cherokee relatives had shovel shaped incisors which is not found in the middle east. The Melungeon DNA has been analyzed and found to contain sub saharan african genes. Still, the Mormans must love this guy.

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

View Postdanielost, on 09 August 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

The Mormons have been saying that the Indians are Israelites for almost 200 years now.  Which may be why the scientists don't want to make that jump.
Science needs a bit more than the words of a womanizing charlatan.

#6    toyomotor

toyomotor

Grumpy Old Coot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

• Etiam capillus unus habet umbram.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Sheesh!!! More psuedo science.

Where's the evidence of your outrageous claim?

Everything is possible,
Except the impossible.
And we're working on that.

#7    Hanslune

Hanslune

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostHarte, on 09 August 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

The Levant, last I checked, is not Greece.

Harte

Donald Panther-Yates earned a doctorate in classical studies with a concentration
in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His work in medieval history, Native American genetics and Judaica led him to establish DNA Consulting in 2002.

He wrote this 'interesting' book..

Sephardic Scotland: When Scotland Was Jewish.

Edited by Hanslune, 09 August 2014 - 06:35 AM.

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem....................................................................Cormac mac airt......................2015

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostHanslune, on 09 August 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Donald Panther-Yates earned a doctorate in classical studies with a concentration
in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His work in medieval history, Native American genetics and Judaica led him to establish DNA Consulting in 2002.

He wrote this 'interesting' book..

Sephardic Scotland: When Scotland Was Jewish.
  Classic, try telling a Highland Scotsman he is Jewish,and see how far you get without serious injury,or sudden death.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    toyomotor

toyomotor

Grumpy Old Coot

• 1,792 posts

• Etiam capillus unus habet umbram.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 09 August 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Classic, try telling a Highland Scotsman he is Jewish,and see how far you get without serious injury,or sudden death.

Spud, I agree. I've read some absolute BS in my time, but this takes the cake.

Edited by toyomotor, 09 August 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Everything is possible,
Except the impossible.
And we're working on that.

#10    Peter B

Peter B

Psychic Spy

• 1,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 09 August 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Eh, in Conspiracy Central that's just denial and thus further evidence of the correctness of the theory...

(that was sarcasm, by the way)

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Shalom.

#12    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,326 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 August 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Science needs a bit more than the words of a womanizing charlatan.
Hey! That's an insult to womanizers the world over! :w00t:

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#13    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,326 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

This guy a has classic pseudo-intellectual wannabe mentality. Apparently his real ancestry isn't romantic enough, so through tortuous logic he has manufactured himself a better one. The classic Saxon name of Yates or Yeats has been been rationalized to be of sephardic origin, and not not only that, his cherokee ancestors are, too. I am so tired of people who can not accept the authenticity and originality of Native American cultures and try to ascribe them to Old World origins.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd, 09 August 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#14    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,480 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostJohn Wesley Boyd, on 09 August 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

This guy a has classic pseudo-intellectual wannabe mentality. Apparently his real ancestry isn't romantic enough, so through tortuous logic he has manufactured himself a better one.
I have coined the term "envyolithic" to describe this phenomenon, though some here don't prefer it.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#15    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,326 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostHarte, on 09 August 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

I have coined the term "envyolithic" to describe this phenomenon, though some here don't prefer it.

Harte
Not bad. He's definitely xenophilic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users