Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

The Physics Of Abductions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Growl

Growl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

http://flashmentalsi...sof-abductions/

Here, we explain many concepts related to the phenomenon of abductions,

these data by scientist are a bit complex, but it's all very interesting.

Of course, for those who have the patience to read them.

remember that the material that I propose here is not my work.
References to these works are also posted on other forums.
Everything is free and there is no profit.

Edited by Growl, 11 August 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Or more accurately New Age idiocy bastardizing legitimate science to support it's asinine conclusions.

"Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do."

That's not how science works.

#3    Growl

Growl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 August 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Or more accurately New Age idiocy bastardizing legitimate science to support it's asinine conclusions.

"Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do."

That's not how science works.

:mellow: :sleepy: :sm

#4    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

What do you mean by complex?  They don't actually explain anything.

All they do is talk about it, describe it.  It isn't any different than listening to sci-fi/fantasy.  They don't have any actual theories.

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,410 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Whatever this is, it's not physics.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    Growl

Growl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Good Morning.
A moderator. What an honor.

Writing here and other forums I have noticed different mental openings. Here we are not in good shape.

Each forum has a policy, the critique applies here without deepening.

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed. review a book by its cover is a symptom of little open-mindedness.

In any case, I have no fear of criticism or harassment.

Who wants to read ... otherwise it does not matter.

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,410 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostGrowl, on 11 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Writing here and other forums I have noticed different mental openings. Here we are not in good shape.

I think we're actually in very good shape here. While everyone enjoys some fun speculation/guessing here on UM we tend to look for actual evidence. A story is nice and all, but in order to convince people that something is happening in objective reality ones going to need some type of good solid evidence. ETs coming to Earth to abduct folks for their souls just isn't going to 'cut it' in the 'good evidence' department.

Edited by Lilly, 11 August 2014 - 12:49 PM.
typo

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#8    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

It seems like you just want people to agree with what your posting without a challenge.

Once again evidence derived from regression hypnosis is on very shaky ground indeed,have you heard of false memory syndrome?

http://crab.rutgers....oertzel/UFO.htm

Edited by dr no, 11 August 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#9    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,146 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed.
It just took me 7 seconds with the link you provided to find this:

For example, our galaxy, the Milky Way, has a diameter of something like 50,000 light years, which means that it
would take fifty thousands years for a beam of light in order to travel it all. Plank, form his point of view, calculates
http://flashmentalsi...f-the-universe/
As the mentioned value is incorrect, and the correct one is primary school stuff, there is no need to read all the rest
of it as it seems to be written by a person who still not completed the primary school yet and/or didn`t understood the
primary school stuff. And yeah, "Plank".

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#10    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Good Morning.
A moderator. What an honor.

You damn me with faint praise.

Noted, and disagreed with.  After all, I pointed out a pretty damn significant fault.  There is no meat on the burger.  There is no actual complex equation.  All there is is talk.  Where are the numbers?

Hey, I asked you a question, and you have failed to respond.  I made an inquiry, and all you are doing is dancing around making snide comments about no one looking at your data.

I looked at it.  I found a flaw.  I pointed it out.  You decided to ignore it and complain about not being believed.

Stop being shallow.  If you are here to discuss a topic, discuss it.  You claim there is some sort of complex data here.  Fine.  Present it.  I say there is nothing more complex than what you can find in most sci-fi/fantasy literature.  Let's see who is correct.

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed. review a book by its cover is a symptom of little open-mindedness

Still waiting for you to address the point.  That point being that there is nothing to analyze.  Go ahead, show me what I missed.

In any case, I have no fear of criticism or harassment.

That's nice.  Do you have fear of actual discussion?  Is there a reason you are refusing to discuss your topic, all the while complaining that no one wants to discuss your topic?

Who wants to read ... otherwise it does not matter.

Snide comments don't fool anyone.  Ball is on the line, man.  Join the scrum or get off the field.

#11    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• 1,594 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

we have known for a long while that the alien abduction phenomena are absolutely real.

Really? I'm out of the loop I guess. Who are 'we' here?

Edited by Crow T. Sharkbot, 11 August 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#12    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• 1,594 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do.

How about ruling out sleep paralysis and other down to earth explanations first ? or induced memories first? Also how about the complete lack of evidence of any kind for abductions

Edited by Crow T. Sharkbot, 11 August 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#13    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

Now, I am starting to regret Zozer ! :(

#14    Growl

Growl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 11 August 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

You damn me with faint praise.

Noted, and disagreed with.  After all, I pointed out a pretty damn significant fault.  There is no meat on the burger.  There is no actual complex equation.  All there is is talk.  Where are the numbers?

Hey, I asked you a question, and you have failed to respond.  I made an inquiry, and all you are doing is dancing around making snide comments about no one looking at your data.

I looked at it.  I found a flaw.  I pointed it out.  You decided to ignore it and complain about not being believed.

Stop being shallow.  If you are here to discuss a topic, discuss it.  You claim there is some sort of complex data here.  Fine.  Present it.  I say there is nothing more complex than what you can find in most sci-fi/fantasy literature.  Let's see who is correct.

Still waiting for you to address the point.  That point being that there is nothing to analyze.  Go ahead, show me what I missed.

That's nice.  Do you have fear of actual discussion?  Is there a reason you are refusing to discuss your topic, all the while complaining that no one wants to discuss your topic?

Snide comments don't fool anyone.  Ball is on the line, man.  Join the scrum or get off the field.

Posted Image

hehehe ...

surely you are right.

#15    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

**expectant hush as people wait for Growl to actually serve the ball**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users