Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Employers want Women To Have Virginity Tests

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,105 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Just how far can you go as an employer?

Brazilian Employers Require Women To Have Virginity Tests

Women are being forced to undergo virginity tests when seeking education jobs in Brazil’s most populous state.

Prospective education employees in the state of Sao Paulo are required to undergo a pap smear to prove they free of cancers or to present a doctor’s certificate verifying they are not sexually active.

Women’s rights campaign groups have denounced the practice as a gross violation of women’s privacy and their human dignity. Until recently the education department also required women to have a colposcopy – a type of gynecological examination used to detect disease.

The department since at least 2012 has required the exams to show that candidates for long-term teaching positions are in good health and would not take extended or frequent absences to attend to health matters.

Critics, however, decried it as an invasion of privacy.

http://newswatch.us/...h.D1a8lxsS.dpuf

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,691 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

How 'bout a law making employers have a brain integrity test?

Edit: this should be in United States and Americas... at last the last time I looked Brazil was located there...

Edited by questionmark, 12 August 2014 - 12:31 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

In Brazil?  Does it never end?  Why are women so denigrated in so many corners of the globe?  It is sickening and bewildering.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

POPULAR

Males then need to have routine prostrate exams, colonoscopies, and STD testing before being hired. Wonder how that would go over?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Not to detail, but maybe there should be a separate North and South American section? Food for thought.

On topic. This seems too far. I could see blood work or the such, that's quick and non invasive, but this...

#6    Border Collie

Border Collie

Just testing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

It's hard enough to get good staff over here without......!

It reminds me of the utterly tasteless Essex joke about how they wanted to put on a nativity play.

But they couldn't find three wise men. Hah, you though I was going to slander the fair damsels of Essex didn't you?

#7    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,265 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Brazil, home to the largest alternative fuel market and virginity tests.

The world just keeps getting increasingly interesting as it becomes more disturbingly intrusive.

http://en.wikipedia...._fuel_in_Brazil

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostLilly, on 12 August 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Males then need to have routine prostrate exams, colonoscopies, and STD testing before being hired. Wonder how that would go over?
Is it free? :lol:

Edited by OverSword, 30 August 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#9    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

I suppose the title is a tad misleading.. it's either prove intact hymen to prove less likelihood of disease/illness OR with a broken hymen undergo further testing to prove less likelihood of disease/illness. So it's not really a virginity test that is being required, but either way it's really frigging weird to me. Though at least in the article it states men are required to undergo prostate exams as well. Still really frigging weird to me.

I did find it irksome that I could only find repeat articles about this, and nothing that seemed to be good source information- so maybe this whole thing is an overblown or misconstrued non-news? I found it interesting that this whole thing apparently came to light because of a woman having to ask her doctor for a virginity note- perhaps she was being targeted specifically rather than this being general policy? Maybe she was applying to a religious school or had a, erm, nasty minded person hiring her and that's why she was asked for the testing?

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,977 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

Lets get a sperm count too.

#11    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

More of us would have very high voices I imagine.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#12    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

The excuse is:

The department since at least 2012 has required the exams to show that candidates for long-term teaching positions are in good health and would not take extended or frequent absences to attend to health matters.

STD's? Pregnancy? What? They think these women are so starved they will dive on anything and everything that comes near them and therefore contract diseases left right and centre? Or they will fall pregnant immediatly? What is to stop a virgin falling pregnant?

This is not from the Mufti who told women to avoid buying cucumbers and carrots to curb sexual thought is it? Are there really that many stupid people in such prominent positions as to make laws in this day and age? That seems to be the hardest part to believe?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#13    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,467 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

What has a woman's private life got to do with her finding a job?

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#14    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

I suppose the title is a tad misleading

It is extremely misleading and intentionally inflamatory.

So much so, that I originally chose to skip this thread because common sense tells one that it's going to be highly biased and misleading.

#15    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

In Brazil?!

Good luck with finding any. (giggles)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users