Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giza Pyramid Height Relationships

pyramid heights great pyramid khafres pyramid menkaures pyramid

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#466    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 24 August 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Bennu's whole schtick isn't about understanding Ancient Egyptians or their relics as such. That might involve long, tedious stretches of time learning about their culture.

It's about appreciating how he can manipulate information from Ancient Egypt to arrive at "new" understandings. If you're not "oh-ah"-ing at his cleverness, you're doing it wrong. It has about as much relevance to real-world Egypt as calculating how many bassets can dance on the head of a pin*.

--Jaylemurph

*The answer being, of course, none. Basset hounds don't dance.

Precisely, now where are my rightful ohh-ahs? And where are YOUR discoveries to get YOU some ooh-ahs? I haven't actually seen any of you detractors present anything new here, just agitate people who did, that being me. I solved the pyramid height differences and the coffer dimensions. What have YOU solved LATELY?

Edited by Bennu, 24 August 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#467    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

I found the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.  Adams was wrong, it's not 42.

It's the square root of 5!

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#468    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostBennu, on 24 August 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Precisely, now where are my rightful ohh-ahs? And where are YOUR discoveries to get YOU some ooh-ahs? I haven't actually seen any of you detractors present anything new here, just agitate people who did, that being me. I solved the pyramid height differences and the coffer dimensions. What have YOU solved LATELY?

If I were you, I'd stop posting on meaningless forums where only dolts reside and submit a paper through the proper channels. Anyone with your intelligence and insight, with a discovery of the proportions you've made will surely be in line for a Nobel Prize.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#469    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostHarte, on 24 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

I found the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.  Adams was wrong, it's not 42.

It's the square root of 5!

Harte

Maybe the real answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is actually 6,4807406984078603 ?

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#470    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostGaden, on 24 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

If I were you, I'd stop posting on meaningless forums where only dolts reside and submit a paper through the proper channels. Anyone with your intelligence and insight, with a discovery of the proportions you've made will surely be in line for a Nobel Prize.

Sure, IF you were me.

#471    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,676 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

As soon as anyone allows Egyptology to define the terms they've lost the argument.

So long as the builders believed in magic and superstition and had no means other than
brute strenght to build the pyramid you've conceded the argument to "cultural context".
There's no reason to believe in anything other than Egyptological opinion as soon as this
is allowed to stand. This is how they can win every argument and never be threatened
by outside ideas.

The irony is really just how little agreement there is on any of the specifics among Egypt-
ologists.  They all agree it was "magical" but they all have a different opinion on how it
was magical or what it was for.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#472    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

I may not be a scholar but I sure can stand and holler! happy Sunday, everybody! Sorry. I just felt happy today for some reason.

Edited by Bennu, 24 August 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#473    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Whew, that was a freaky Sunday. I'm sure Graham Hancock could relate.

Edited by Bennu, 24 August 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#474    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostBennu, on 24 August 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I may not be a scholar but I sure can stand and holler!

I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this.

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#475    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostScheming B, on 24 August 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this.

Yeah, that may have been one of my most profound statements, huh?

Edited by Bennu, 24 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#476    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,819 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

I solved the question of "How will Jaylemurph's toilet get scrubbed?" and "Will Jaylemurph put off writing his Winter syllabus another day?" which is pretty productive for a Sunday. If you're that het up to see my answers to questions, you're welcome to attend this year's ASTR conference in November, but I'm nowhere near any interesting results, let alone definitive answers.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#477    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

I had no idea you were so cultured, Jaylemurph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users