Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jewelry to use ur body to create electricity

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

From the article:

Naomi Kizhner's innovative jewellery isn't for the faint hearted.
Her decorative designs have a dual purpose and come complete with spikes at each end, which are inserted into the wearer's veins and are able to convert kinetic power from the body's involuntary movements into electricity.
The continuous flow of blood turns the golden wheel inside the design, eventually creating enough kinetic energy to produce electricity.

Read it here

edit to add.  Gross.

Edited by OverSword, 13 August 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#2    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,675 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

i think i just vomited in my mouth

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#3    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,263 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

This is good news for needle junkies who will require small amounts of electricity to power their jewelry.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#4    StRoostifer

StRoostifer

Roo

• 4,361 posts

• "Our houses are such unwieldy property that we are often imprisoned rather than housed in them."

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

I just do not know what to say about this, actually there's just too many things that can be said. I'll just leave it at not for me.

#5    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Neat.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#6    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

Innovative. Beautiful designs. Intriguing. Not so odd to me. The only downside I see is possible infection in the bloodstream, which is never a good thing.
I gather the one modeling the jewelry is the designer, I'm wondering if she couldn't find a model willing to "wear" it.
Not saying I'd wear it (too afraid of infection), but death aside, it's a pretty cool idea and the designs delicate and attractive, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 13 August 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#7    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,467 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Eeek

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users