Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NATO no match for Russia military

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Ichihara

Ichihara

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

If Russia wants to invade the parts of the Ukraine that have voted to disassociate from Ukraine and rejoin Russia it can do so it will, no one could stop Russia from this.

http://www.presstv.i...ia-on-its-turf/

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,462 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostIchihara, on 13 August 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

If Russia wants to invade the parts of the Ukraine that have voted to disassociate from Ukraine and rejoin Russia it can do so it will, no one could stop Russia from this.

NATO without the US makes this a true statement.  NATO WITH the US would make this a nuclear war.  Unless Vlad backed his ego down - which seems difficult for the diminutive little fellow to do  :lol:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Ichihara

Ichihara

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Paul said in Europe. NATO is all over the world. Russian army is in Europe. But we will not see WW3 (or WW4 as Russians use to say).
Read this paradox:

http://en.wikipedia....ability_paradox

edit: imo Paul just spreading fears for higher budget, for Cold war 2.0. Putin showed that he is ready to sacrifice lifes of own citizens just for the politic cause and personal gain. Psychopat.

Edited by Ichihara, 13 August 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#4    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

I stopped reading right here......  

Essentially what the American stooge government in Kiev is doing in Ukraine

No offense Ichihara.... but there are propaganda buzz words one learns to recognize over time and stooge is one of them. American stooge governtment in Kiev, heehee yeah right, and all this time I thought they were seeking EU membership.

Posted Image

#5    Ichihara

Ichihara

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostStardrive, on 14 August 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

No offense Ichihara.... but there are propaganda buzz words one learns to recognize over time and stooge is one of them. American stooge governtment in Kiev, heehee yeah right, and all this time I thought they were seeking EU membership.

dont kill the messenger.

#6    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostStardrive, on 14 August 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

EU is big player in Ukraine. I would not blame US but the EU for the same reasons. As for propaganda - even in Kiev it wasn't clear what's going on at first, until first automobile tire was put on fire. Those don't drop from sky so rioters can use them, don't they :)

As for military strength, it doesn't matter what Russia or NATO have got because it will always be pawns who will do their 'wars'.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#7    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostIchihara, on 14 August 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

dont kill the messenger.
My apologies if you took what I said personally.

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

EU is big player in Ukraine. I would not blame US but the EU for the same reasons. As for propaganda - even in Kiev it wasn't clear what's going on at first, until first automobile tire was put on fire. Those don't drop from sky so rioters can use them, don't they :)
Here's the bottom line. The Ukraine wants to join the EU. The Ukraine owes Russia alot of money and it would put the EU right at thier doorstep. The rest is simple math.

Used tires are usually stored in a garage or warehouse until they can be properly disposed of. My guess would be the people in Kiev know where these tires are stored (they live there afterall). But I may be misunderstanding your point. We live in different countries and we probably have different ways of expressing ourselves.

As for military strength, it doesn't matter what Russia or NATO have got because it will always be pawns who will do their 'wars'.
Not always, and people will act on thier own. But aside from that, Russia and Nato both have powerful military assets at thier disposal and either side is capable of winning/losing in a conflict with the other. Balance of power, and it is important we have it.

Edited by Stardrive, 14 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#8    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

We could both show up with at least dozen tires to burn if there was an uprising to our taste in the neighbourhood.
Lean to the Russian side if you really must, but don’t you say we’re such idiots we couldn’t throw an uprising on our own. And collect enough garbage to burn.

Russia has no match in their own country. (Fortunately and contrary to Russian indoctrination, no one wants any part of Russia.)
And no chance in keeping any patch of land they invade.
There was very complex set of reasons why Russia was able to hold Eastern Europe for half a century and most of them have changed. Destroying their chance to control their last political and economic satelites is just one among consequences of their bizarrely aggressive expansionist attempt. But it’s their problem.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#9    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Russia has a big millitary. But it's no match for NATO or the EU (they would annoy both by invading Ukraine) in either size, technology or training. It's unlikely to go that far though. Plus there is a lot of political unrest in Russia, but obviously this is kept quiet by Russian media.

Edited by Finity, 14 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,123 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Alot the equipment is in storage and outdated though

#11    Ichihara

Ichihara

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 14 August 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

We could both show up with at least dozen tires to burn if there was an uprising to our taste in the neighbourhood.
Lean to the Russian side if you really must, but don’t you say we’re such idiots we couldn’t throw an uprising on our own. And collect enough garbage to burn.

Russia has no match in their own country. (Fortunately and contrary to Russian indoctrination, no one wants any part of Russia.)
And no chance in keeping any patch of land they invade.
There was very complex set of reasons why Russia was able to hold Eastern Europe for half a century and most of them have changed. Destroying their chance to control their last political and economic satelites is just one among consequences of their bizarrely aggressive expansionist attempt. But it’s their problem.

exactly. watch this about so popular Putin.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=270868

#12    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostYes_Man, on 14 August 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

That's what I understand.

Russia has suffered decades of under investment and they admitted themselves a few years ago it would take at least another decade to bring their kit up to date.   Last year was the first time in Donkeys years they have spent more than the UK on their military (68 Billion as opposed 58 billion of the UK).

I really can't see them being able to do a complete re-fit of their forces for that money or in that time scale.

Posted Image

#13    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

• “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!” Stephen Decatur

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostIchihara, on 13 August 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

The Russians at the height of their Conventional Military Power couldn't even handle Afghanistan. Chechnya gave them hell. They haven't been in a real standup fight since WW2. M.A.D. is what they still have going for them, not an arsenal aging armor and an obsolete tactical doctrine.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,381 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostYes_Man, on 14 August 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Is it indeed?

Russia displays military might

http://rt.com/news/1...scow-arms-expo/

http://www.voanews.c...is/1904464.html

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#15    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

View Postseeder, on 15 August 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

I guess you are aware that Russia Today is the Kremlin mouthpiece?

To the thing itself: It is not uncommon that people near to the military industrial complex keep warning us about how strong ......... (put in as needed) is because we don't buy enough weapons. If the cold war is anything to go by: As shown after the East block collapsed at no point they had a real chance to beat the West despite having more soldiers and tanks.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users